How's Your Day? January 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

It's gotten ugly. Now it's 4-3 Pens.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yes-I'm listening on 24/7 on the computer. I wish Trotz had called a timeout at 3-2. And now 5-3.

3. Paul Turner

wwow...5-4/

4. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Yeah. 5 in just the second period for Pens. While I write this Caps score. Pens were throwing a bunch of cheap shots early. Oshie was throat punched with no penalty.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

5. Paul Turner

My goodness!!!!

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's been a productive morning. I put a bread into the machine around 8:30-should be done soon. Then, I picked up a few grocery items, after which I got a haircut. (OK, I got all of them cut.). Next, I went over to the archery range to reorganize the safety gear- arm and hand guards. I will go back later, with my husband, to do some shooting.

macaronus, RaZorBurn123 and BigMike like this.
  7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

What type of shooting do you do? Compound or recurve with stabilizers (Olympic style)?

macaronus likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Andromeda 1.JPG Compound target shooting. This is my bow.

macaronus and PickledNorthern like this.
  9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Very nice. Our local range beside having pistol, rifle and shotgun - also has archery. We have a long woods trail with targets for the hunters to practice and plenty of open range for the target folks. I've been thinking of getting back into the sport. I do pistol and rifle now - might as well do this too.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    macaronus and Sara-s like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

This week's post is monitoring a man access door. Mostly logging in USPS, UPS, DHL and other delivery drivers. BOOORING. NY Post crossword is getting a workout, along with you my friends. Happy Hump Day.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm good. My wife and daughter were out of town for a couple of days and now home.
    My grandson was over the other day with my son and boy the lad was sick! But he insisted that he came over to see grandpa. When it got time to leave he said he wanted to spend the night. Poor boy.

Erik Redd likes this.
  12. RetLEO-07

IMG_0162.JPG As an addendum to my earlier post, the Caf had Pastrami Rueben's on the menu today. One of my Life Rules, "Never pass up a Rueben or a Cuban sandwich."
    As you can see the other half has made the ultimate sacrifice.

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We were up early enough for a nice bacon & egg breakfast today. We don't always eat breakfast at the same hour, so this is a treat for us. Shortly, we will be heading out for archery lessons.

Col C, PickledNorthern and richgem like this.
  14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Looks like it's bad news for @FatherofSquirrel vs. The Interwebs

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story...-bigger-threat-to-our-critical-infrastructure

"The real threat to global critical infrastructure is not enemy states or organizations but squirrels, according to one security expert." Long-time Slashdot reader randomErr quotes the BBC.Cris Thomas has been tracking power cuts caused by animals since 2013... His Cyber Squirrel 1 project was set up to counteract what he called the "ludicrousness of cyber-war claims by people at high levels in government and industry", he told the audience at the Shmoocon security conference in Washington. Squirrels topped the list with 879 "attacks", followed by birds with 434 attacks and then snakes at 83 attacks.
    Those three animals -- along with rats -- have caused 1,700 different power cuts affecting nearly 5,000,000 people .

Intrigued and FatherofSquirrel like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I had a homemade breakfast "burrito" (scrambled eggs w/ crumbled hot Italian sausage in a wrap) for lunch. It was delectable if I do say so myself. :drool:

macaronus, Intrigued and Sara-s like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Woke up to news of my college town of Hattiesburg, Mississippi being hit by a tornado early this morning. I attended the University of Southern Mississippi and have very fond memories of Hattiesburg. A smaller college in town, William Carey University, sustained a direct hit with terrible damage. The Southern Miss campus was spared this time, but was hit directly by a tornado about six years ago. I'm praying for the people down there to experience relief and receive help.

macaronus likes this.
  17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I've been in bed all day trying to sleep off a bad cold. At some point, I had a dream (at least, I think it was a dream) that I was in some downline sequel to Caddyshack and that Rodney Dangerfield's character had been sworn in as President.

18. RetLEO-07

IMG_0128.JPG Drove my son back to school at Gettysburg College. He has boo-coo to do before classes start Monday(he's a TA and one of the editors of the Civil War Studies Dept. magazine). So I thought I'd go up on the battlefield over on Seminary Ridge where Pickett's Charge started. When I got there the area was socked in with fog. Couldn't see more than 25-30 yds. So I went over to the other side by the Copse of Trees(aka the Highwater Mark of the Confederacy). There was nobody there. The field was dead quiet. Not even the sound of vehicles. I walked over to the marker denoting the spot where 1st Lt. Alonzo H. Cushing, MoH, fell(pic from Dec.) I closed my eyes and could almost hear the cannon, cries of the wounded and dying, and musketry. He was awarded it in 2014 by President Obama, after several Congressmen campaigned for it.

His medal is on display at the Visitors Center of the Gettysburg Military Park.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    PLAla, AGHisBBS and PickledNorthern like this.
  19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Please Sir, no politics.

20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Been there many times - standing on that same spot of land. I've walked the field from Seminary ridge to to the copse of trees a couple times. When I was stationed at the Pentagon I led quite a number of tours of the battlefield for other officers. I remember the first time I stood where Gen. Lee told Gen. Pickett (after the failed charge) "Sir, reform your division" to which Pickett replied: "Sir, I have no division".

PickledNorthern likes this.