How's Your Day? January 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Jan 1, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Standing and looking up at the trees and that expanse of field, I cannot imagine stepping off and making that assault. It must have been a grand sight though.

Col C likes this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Just went to a hockey game with about twenty friends. It was a great evening. [​IMG]

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Today's weigh in, 3 weeks into Isagenix:

I'm down a total of 11.8 lbs and 3.1% body fat. Doing the math, 60.42% of my weight loss has been fat.
    :bounce015:

macaronus, Intrigued and swarden43 like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Way to go, Rich!

Standing in on bass again for our worship team. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. Standing on bass is very slippery and could be hazardous to your health.

macaronus, AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  5. richgem

Thanks, Steve.

Just don't get your feet caught in the strings and you should be fine.

macaronus and RetLEO-07 like this.
  6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Raining but not too cold. Fire in the wood stove. Have a tri tip roast sitting here absorbing my special rub waiting to be thrown in the smoker later this afternoon. Just mixed a bourbon, brown sugar, and garlic (plus a few other ingredients) basting sauce to apply as the roast smokes. Good day for the football games coming up. A kick back Sunday. I ain't leaving the house today.

7. swarden43

Shave ready
    20170122_062053.jpg
    Game ready
    20170114_115907_20170122164853578.jpg

macaronus and mrchick like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

RetLEO-07 and Erik Redd like this.
  9. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Can't believe these words are going to leave my mouth, go Steelers. Either team that wins, I hope looses the Super bowl.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

10. RetLEO-07

:happy097:

11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

If the Patriot's win, he'll have to shell out $4000+ each for Superbowl tickets, plus airfare and hotel, etc. And then only to watch Atlanta beat them. He's secretly rooting for the Steelers in his heart.

12. swarden43

Hey, I'm a realist. Any given Sunday. Just watched Green Bay melt down. I know the same can happen to any team any game. If the Pats do lose, either tonight, or in the Super Bowl, I just hope it's not an embarrassing loss.

And I can appreciate the NE haters; getting tired of them winning all the time. I was the same way when the 49ers were always winning back in the 90s - hated 'em. Where are the 49ers now?

Patriot dominance won't last forever. Brady will retire. Belichick will move on. The Pats will go away just like the 49ers... for a while. I'm just enjoying the moment while it lasts.

Erik Redd likes this.
  13. swarden43

And for the record, I was born in Maine, 1980 grad from Dover, NH - a true New Englandah, not a bandwagon fan whose never been there.

Two types of fans I can't stand...
    1 - bandwagon fans
    B - fair weath fans

Erik Redd likes this.
  14. Erik Redd

In Houston we have no fairweather football fans. The weather is never fair, except maybe preseason when everyone has great expectations.

Sergio Avalos and swarden43 like this.
  15. richgem

Like Charles Dickens

macaronus, Erik Redd and swarden43 like this.
  16. Erik Redd

17. richgem

macaronus, Erik Redd and swarden43 like this.
  18. RetLEO-07

Did some honey do chores, took Herself grocery shopping, watched the Pack and the Steelers get stomped. Have to root for my new favorite team, the Atlanta Falcons.
    Gonna read for a half hour and hit the goosehair.

Kenneth Sampson likes this.
  19. Erik Redd

And it's actually an interesting one. Galveston was the largest city in Texas until the hurricane of 1900, which decimated the city. Afterwards ships that wanted a safer port traveled upriver to the Port of Houston. Houston grew and Galveston declined. The beaches in Galveston suck, since the water is brown and nasty this close to the Mississippi delta, but some of the history exhibits in Galveston are enlightening. My German immigrant ancestors came thru Galveston in the 1880's and settled farmland in central Texas.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Galveston_hurricane

richgem likes this.
  20. richgem

Interesting stuff.

Erik Redd likes this.