How's Your Day - July 2014

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Neolithium, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Canada Day here, couple days to Independence Day for my Southern neighbours. How's everyone's day?

RaZorBurn123 and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Off to work, but my pup Ms. Spike turns 13 today.

MsSpike.jpg

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The mark of a true dog lover - no matter how old they get, they're still a pup.:chores016:

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

But, it's Miss Jackson if you're nasty.

;)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    CyanideMetal and PanChango like this.
  5. jbooth

jbooth Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    I just logged on to answer a PM and thought I would leave a quick note. I probably will be absent for a while longer as I have been for these past months. Life has just been stressful and hectic since around Christmas and I've not had much spare time to relax. Unfortunately, my shaving has consisted of one of two brushes, some HTGAM soap, my Fatboy, and a quick two or three pass frenzied shave when I get the chance every other day or so. I miss my straights and they are sitting in their cases just a few feet away :(. Work has gotten me down even further than all of my personal struggles and health issues already had (uuggghhh, I really do feel like Job). I'm not sure where or when this seemingly downward spiral will take me but, I hope to be able to rejoin this group once I land.

You really don't realize just how much you need others around until all of your so called "friends" and most of your family turn their backs on you when you need them the most and physical work is involved. All of that being said, I can always count on you guys to try to help cheer me up. I just want to say a special Thank You to everyone here for all of your moral support and kind words.

Catch you all on the flip side!
    Jonathan

6. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Happy Canada Day! [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

In 1976 my family's vacation was touring BC, and we got to celebrate Canada Day. The funny thing is, as it was 1976 and we were in BC, we missed our bicentennial celebration entirely.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Doc says I should be healed in about 8 to 12 weeks then they'll do the first fitting for my new prosthetics. Thankfully, I'll still be able to use my new saw!

In other news, the next Crag Banyon book is out sporting my cover art! Available soon in paperback.

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Take care and know that there are those who have encountered similar situations. Return as soon as you feel able.

macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Things are good. Having our kids, and grand babies over for the 4th of July! Going to head downtown to watch fireworks. Happy Canada Day!!!

11. micah1_8

I watched Galaxina yesterday.

You would think something starring the late Dorothy Stratten would at least have some redeeming quality.

You would be wrong. I don't say this lightly: That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It wasn't even in the category of "so bad it's good." It was just bad.

Later, I washed the taste out of my mind with my first ever viewing of Lawrence of Arabia.

Now I understand all the hype. That movie was spectacular. I can only imagine how awesome it was on the big screen.

macaronus, ObiDon and GDCarrington like this.
  12. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Lawrence of Arabia is probably one of if not my favourite movies of all time!

GDCarrington and Troy M like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Happy Canada Day! Today is my first official day of retirement. So far, I have washed the shower curtain, ridden my trike for a bit & started refinishing a small cabinet. Archery will be later.

14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG] Happy Canada Day!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

We got your back.. well... as much as we digitally can. If you need help just holler my way!

macaronus and GDCarrington like this.
  16. Dapper-in-a-can-man

This match is ruining my nerves! Come on Team USA!

17. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Shawna likes this.
  18. micah1_8

Last night was... interesting.

Got a call from our friend with the bad landlord; her son and youngest daughter got into a fight when Mom wasn't home, and broke the mini-blinds in the son's room. The landlord, who lives next door, apparently was watching the house when this happened (he seems to do that a lot... creepy), and proceeded to step into the yard and start cussing very loudly about the situation, while texting Mom to apprise her of the situation.

Mom, not being very handy with a screw driver, called me. It just so happened, that after the bathroom remodel, I had some mini-blinds that would be a perfect fit, so I loaded them up and headed over with drill, screwdriver, and tape measure in hand. By the time I got there, Mom was home and roughly on page 3 of the riot act. Of course, I forgot the mounting brackets--the one part that was most brokest of all the brokenest pieces, so back to my house to get those, this time, Mom went with me so she could calm down and we could discuss the situation. She brought up her son's internet viewing habits again, and reiterated that she still wanted me to have that talk with him.

So, after getting the blinds back in order, we had a Father/Son talk, with me in the role of Pops. It was weird. I could see the shame in his soul when I told him how disappointed I was in his behavior, and that I expected better of him. I touched on last night's incident, pointing out his need to set an example for his siblings, and mentioned the videos, reminding him that those girls were somebody's sisters just like his sisters.

All in all, it was a very surreal experience. I never thought I'd have to have a talk like that... at least not from that side. I still feel a little weird from it. Not bad weird. Just weird.

19. Dapper-in-a-can-man

When is her lease up?

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Sounds like job(s) well-done! Congrats!