How's your day? June 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Jun 1, 2017.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You definitely have my prayers for a quick and full recovery!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I'm very sorry to hear that and hope for a speedy recovery.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

A bit of minor, but good news; I can play the piano again. I was finding that, even with reading glasses, I just couldn't read my music. I realized that my music is about a foot further from my eyes, than a book would be. So I went to the optometrist and asked for glasses suited for reading about 2.5 feet away. I just got them and they work!

4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Things have been pretty insane. Recovery is going well, I can walk and drive again...so that's always nice. ;). I am still working a dead-end night shift at Safeway, but I hope that is coming to an end soon. I have been applying for jobs like crazy, and today I got a call back/interview date...the first one in 2 years (and after applying for hundreds of jobs in the accounting field). It's for a homebuilder in Calgary... revenue accountant, so I take care of the banking...if I get it. So fingers crossed!

Aside from that, I take off to Pittsburgh on Sunday, with my wife and kids. Her dad is flying us down for July 4th celebrations. I'm there for a week, and she and our girls are staying for 2 weeks. It should be a good time. I'm looking forward to the photography I'll be doing down there!

And...my D&D group is doing awesome! Most of the gang are level three. We haven't been able to meet as much because half the group had finals...but now it's summer we plan on meeting pretty frequently! I love being the DM...it's a blast!

Well, that's all for me!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Glad to know you are on the mend @lradke !

RaZorBurn123 and lradke like this.
  6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Glad to hear you're healing up. Hang tough!

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Glad you're doing better, Luke!

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I went out to NJ to take my Mom to the orthopedist. Her hip was hurting. The doctor took some x-rays (which I saw) and told her she needs a hip replacement. As she is 80, I am concerned.

Spud and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

10. mrchick

My mom just had a hip replacement at 77 and she is a new women. She is getting around wonderfully and has no regrets. I'll pray for your mother to have similar results.

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks you for telling me about your Mom. That is reassuring. Can you tell me how long it was before she was up & around?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

How's my day? I work in sales and today is the last day of the month. My bonus caps out at 120% this picture is as of this morning.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoAllen and Erik Redd like this.
  13. Erik Redd

Hip replacements are pretty commonplace now, but I understand the concern on something like that with an 80 year old. I hope all goes well.

Sara-s likes this.
  14. Erik Redd

What are you still doing at work? Trying to eke out the extra 0.24%? I'd take off early, or start working on next month's sales.;)

RaZorBurn123 and RetLEO-07 like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Seriously.

[​IMG]

Erik Redd likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sara,

I've also had an elderly friend do this. They make them start walking the first day, and it's really only the first month that's tough. The technology has advanced to the point where it's not quite as awful as it used to be.

17. mrchick

She was moving around within hours in the hospital and walking better than before the surgery. The only problem she had was some pain after a few days because she was overdoing it. The doctor had to slow her down some so she could heal. She used a walker for a couple of weeks and then graduated to a cane for a few weeks. She is now walking all over the place with no pain and it's only been a couple of months. It's so nice to see her not hurting.

18. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Good to hear your mom is up and charging. having experienced joint replacement, I know the importance of doing the therapy. Sounds like she will be enjoying life a little more freely and enjoyably. Love her while you still can.

wine-3.GIF
    Don

Erik Redd and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My father in law had hip replacement surgery a couple of months ago, I liked him more before the surgery. Now the old guy is like a 15 year boy playing basketball.

Spud, Erik Redd and Sara-s like this.
  20. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

The other pharmacist I work with was on vacation all week. I'm so glad it's over. I'm wiped out. But it's a three day weekend here in Canada! Going to take in a parade and maybe visit the tall ships tied up in the harbour.