How's Your Day? March 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Intrigued and Slipperyjoe like this.
  2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

:happy102:

3. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

The feathers just make your fat look kinda a fluffy... :D

urrlord, richgem and Erik Redd like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Back from a visit to my orthopedist. In the course of the conversation, I learned that he shaves with a straight razor, soap & a badger brush. I knew there was a reason I liked this guy.

5. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Pretty good day. Nice, smooth day at work and came home to a great dinner and now my wife is heading out with her friend. Just going to relax for the night with my dog, some good music, and some "special" homemade blondie brownies since I live in a fully legalized state.

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Not a good beginning to this day(3-11). I took a bath yesterday afternoon, and the bathwater remained in the tub. I have a slight feeling the bath handle needs to be replaced, as it took a little longer than normal to push it down. Thus, my "shower" was achieved while standing at my sink:-(. I managed all right, but splashed water here and there, of course. At least shaving remains normal, but it's trickier to rinse off the body(face)wash. Landlord will be informed.

7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I had to take my wife's minivan in yesterday because of a vibration that would start after it had been driven for a bit. It turned out that both front brake calipers were frozen and had to be replaced. On the up side, it ended up being cheaper than I was afraid of and a much nicer experience that I had when I took my old Honda Element to the local "Mr. Tire" for brake work.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It’s been an interesting couple of days. Yesterday, I was working an event at the archery club. A family booked the range for lessons for his son & friends, as a birthday party. I think this is a great idea & the kids loved it. But the other instructor who was supposed to work with me had a family emergency. Fortunately, the dad & grandpa are avid archers with the skills and knowledge to assist. The kids were well-behaved and the family was very helpful with setup and clean-up. (They brought in food and left the range spotless.). so it was satisfying but very tiring.

Today, I had my first chair yoga class. This is meant for people with mobility issues, who can not do traditional yoga. It is good exercise and relieved a lot of soreness that I was experiencing. After yesterday, I really needed this!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  9. Paul Turner

I've been thinking about chair yoga. I was in a traditional yoga class, but had trouble with balance. Posture, too. Now that I am "eligble" for services at ,my Senior Center, perhaps I should give it a try.

wristwatchb, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Woke up with a slight headache, after getting some breakfast in me I decided to take my wifes idea up about ice fishing with her Pastor-he is from South Korea and he has not done any ice-fishing! Its fun to watch some one catch a fish to this day and puts a smile on my face the facial expressions and excitement that it can bring.:happy108::smiley freezing:

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I also have trouble with balance, since I had a discectomy about 13 years ago. I could probably get down to the floor to do traditional yoga. Getting back up would be another matter. I have only just had my first class, but based on that limited experience, I am going to recommend that you give it a try.

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Paul Turner

The landlord came to put in a new tub handle, so we got the old, cold bathwater drained. That should been great news for my day-I mean, it IS-but right after returning from the gym, I had a bad fall, as my foot collided with a table leg and I was thrown into my sofa-chair, as well as the carpeted floor. . It was a hard landing, and I'm a little worried about a possible rib I jury. When the "blizzard" clears, I might call my doctor for an inspection. One of those things where the pain has settled down a bit for now, but how will it be in the next couple days....might have to delay that chair-yoga, @Sara-s

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oh no, @Paul Turner ! I am so sorry you got hurt. Take care, see the doctor & try thr chair yoga, when you are better.

14. Slipperyjoe

Oh that's not good. Heal it quick.

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. richgem

Snow day today (despite the weather having turned out just fine), so rather than do all the things I was supposed to do, I cooked up a storm. I made a batch of scones (orange cranberry from a package) and a batch of beef barley soup (from scratch with homemade bone broth).

urrlord and wristwatchb like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Thanks @Sara-s. Another activity I'll have to avoid is archery, as I'm a southpaw, and it's the left rib. Course I never tried archery since the "early days".

17. richgem

20180316_171038.jpg

This was dinner last night (meatless Fridays during Lent)... My first attempt at Poffertjes (little Dutch pillows of heaven).

@macaronus @Eeyore

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and Eeyore like this.
  18. richgem

Does having your tongue out like that help your aim?

[​IMG]

Slipperyjoe and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

I may be many things, but I'm no Michael Jordan :)

richgem likes this.
  20. Slipperyjoe

Hey Richgem..what you doin' with that gun in your flipper..gonna shoot your ol' lady down..caught her messin' round with another bird..:git::rofl:
    And those puffy things look good. They're meatless..are herring filled?

richgem likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.