How's Your Day? March 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today’s been busy with an assortment of little things; laundry, reorganizing my desk, refilling some pre-shave oils & a bottle of cologne (Bergamot & Black Pepper), 13 minutes on the stationary bike, fletching a dozen arrows and selling a couple of items on eBay. I need a bear. Good thing I’ve got loads of them.

AGHisBBS and lradke like this.
  2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Today is going ok. Last week (or two) on the 8th I had my one year check up MRI to make sure my tumor was gone (go big or go home, for those who don't know me, I had a nasty brain tumor removed a year ago). Wednesday morning I got a call from the hospital telling me I need to come back in for another MRI, this time at least an hour (the other was 15 min as it was just a check up). So things were pretty stressful as no news is good news...so the call threw a wrench in things (unless I hear nothing from this). I had it done Friday at dinner time. I meet with my ear surgeon on Thursday, so hopefully he has good news for me.

I've been keeping busy at work, which I love! And learning a new game at home...

I bought this week, Arkham Horror and it's Dunwich Legacy expansion, a card game that takes place in HP Lovecraft's world. It's absolutely horrifying, insane and awesome!! I played the first time last night, bumbling around (realizing today I set the game's difficulty to insanely hard instead of easy...oops), and going insane pretty much off the get go! I loved it! I'll be playing again tonight!

Other than that things are staying together, which is better than it has been for a while! [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, urrlord and Enrico like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

When do you expect to hear back about the MRI result. I'll be praying for you.

AGHisBBS, urrlord and lradke like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sometimes I feel like the little Dutch boy .... against myself.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I spent some time this afternoon throwing out any unnecessary papers/documents from my leather briefcases. Got a lot thrown out!! Also found some valuable docs.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  6. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Praying for good news.

Enrico likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

on holiday for a week. 6 months into my new job.loving it. will spend some time on the forum ,fix up the shave den and man cave, son moved out. have a few brews etc......

8. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I have the dreaded prep today for a colon scan tomorrow.A needed procedure I am told.But I am not a happy camper needless to say.:angry019:

Paul Turner and Erik Redd like this.
  9. urrlord

Hope all is well .I am a fan of Lovecrafts writing and used to play Call of Cthulu.

10. rmcintyre84

Early and often.

11. rmcintyre84

When I was an Area Minister, I had to mediate a conflict at a church involving Lovecraft. I was not amused.

12. rmcintyre84

My doc cleared me last week to exercise. I've been to the gym three times. Loving it!

13. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Interview later this week for a job that pays more than both my current full time and part time jobs....only downside, it's 4 hours away, near Houston. Lots, and I mean LOTS, of things will have to line up right for this to work - I mean, the hypothetical "catch nothing but green lights in Tampa" kind of line-up-right scenario. Seriously though, I'm not even sure the intersections that I drove through in Tampa even had green lights, I think I may have just followed whatever the driver in front of me did and hoped for the best.
    Anywho, went and visited a friend last week, my previous boss, who now works in said area of Houston....whom the interview is with. So, chances are pretty decent, but like I said, there are lots of other things that have to work themselves out.

It's been a really rough time the past couple of years, and some of those things will be determinate factors - lots to consider and pray over.

PanChango, lradke, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's been a rough two years for myself as well ... I'll be praying for you. :)

sol92258 likes this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I hope it all comes out Ok in the end.

:p

16. urrlord

Doc said there was one growth that looked benign but test results will be back in a few weeks.So keeping fingers crossed.

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm about due for mine, but going to have to wait for insurance.

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday, I went out for a pizza diner with the other folks who were in my recent archery tournament. We always end these with a pizza dinner. A good time (if only fair pizza) was had by all. Today we are getting a spring snow storm, so I will be in, cleaning closets and baking a bread.

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I should make bread for the chicken soup I'm making today. Since my wife get home today at ~7:30, I'll start around 3:30.

Yesterday I spoke to a company regarding position. The manager will be calling me today to set up a interview for tomorrow. We'll see. :)

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Off to the dentist shortly...then the gym later in the day(I hope we don't get as much snow this time around, so the ride home will be OK).

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.