How's Your Day? May 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had a chance to use the new hose & reel. I’ve never used that type of setup before & wasn’t sure how well it would work. I’m pleased to say it worked quite well.
    Later, I thought about getting a haircut. But then, I decided to splurge and get them all cut. What was left on the floor could carpet 3 or 4 bald guys.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    BigMike, Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The googly eyes were a nice touch tho. ;)

[​IMG]

Shaver X, Frijolero, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Actually, the laser surgery corrected that.

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  4. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. richgem

Holy Hoppin' Hares o' Fire!

Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It’s a beautiful day to be outside. I just got back from some outdoor shooting. And (this is the best part) I came back with all of my arrows.

7. richgem

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and Frijolero like this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I think they’re in hiding, along with my waistline.

9. richgem

:eek:

Sara-s likes this.
  10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Is that rabbit real or stuffed?

11. richgem

No idea.

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Went to get an oil change&lubrication for my car..they also rotated the tires. Just found an important letter I'd misplaced(Clutter is my middle name). Will go for 2-maybe 3-lengths around the complex driveway later.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Didn't do any lengths-it was too humid.

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday, in anticipation of high winds, I moved my outdoor Bonsai, to a safer spot. This morning, I went out to put them back & got some good news. My 2 Dawn Redwoods, recently repotted, had been looking rather sickly. Now, I am seeing fresh growth and leaves that feel firm. That tells me that the roots are alive and absorbing water and nutrients.

AGHisBBS and Redfisher like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Hey @Sara-s, why does an elevtor always lead to contradictory emotions?(answer below, but knowing your pun-skill, you already know):

Because it can be either UPLIFTING or BRING YOU DOWN :)

AGHisBBS, Redfisher and Sara-s like this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

:happy097::happy097::happy097:

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Let's see...

Got up at 0200 to take DD to the airport for an 0530 flight (Newark to Boston, Boston to Pittsburgh) to go visit friends. As we get to the airport, we get a text from Orbitz that the connector has been cancelled. JetBlue puts her on an earlier connector (tight connection). I drive home.

On the drive home, I get a call from DD... it's boarding time and the pilot has not gotten there yet so it's likely she'll miss the connection. Gate agent says the next Boston-to-Pittsburgh is not until 22:30 and wants to put her on that. Fortunately, she reminds them that the ticketing agent said that both of her flights are on the same equipment. Delays and all, she arrived safely but really can't understand how the pilot could be late to the airport. :)

I get home, grab a couple of hours nap, and get ready for work. Two block from the house, my car throws an error code and goes into "limp home" mode. I ended up taking DD's car to work and DW is waiting for AAA to come and tow it to the dealer.

And it's not even lunch time yet...

BigMike and AGHisBBS like this.
  18. Paul Turner

I'll be experiencing that feeling of getting up way early to begin my Colorado "adventure" next month. Early flight out, but I still want to shower, shave, and have breakfast before my airport cab picks me up, by which time it may STILL be dark outside.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Last night, I attended Shavuot services at my temple. It was a lovely and meaningful service. In Reform Judaism, on Shavuot, we also celebrate Confirmation of students who continue their education beyond a Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Typically, this is for older teens, but this year, we had an adult Confirmaton group, including the Rabbi’s wife, who is also my childhood friend. (Adult Bar/Bat Mitvahs and Confirmatons ore sometimes done by people who did not have the opportunity as kids.). The whole group did themselves proud.

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’m OK, but my husband hurt his back at work. It apppears to be a severe muscle pull, which is not the worst thing that could happen to his back. But it still hurts him quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.