How's your day? November 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Oct 31, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'll tell you in the morning, if the neighborhood kids smashed my pumpkins. :taunt002:

Intrigued and macaronus like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

My pumpkins made it!! :bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

Sara-s, Intrigued and macaronus like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

So, these guys were a no-show, huh? :(

[​IMG]

4. RaZorBurn123

My wife was waiting for them. :ahem:

Intrigued likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

• Got up and took an hour long walk with the dog
    • made breakfast for the children and me (SWMBO had to work this morning)
    • did the dishes from all day yesterday and from this morning
    • cleaned the waffle iron (we had waffles with chocolate chips and pieces of pecan on Friday evening)
    • vacuumed the stairs, hall, bathroom, living room and kitchen
    • had some lunch
    • repacked the muffler of my son's moped (bent two drills - one almost 90 degrees! - used some ugly words and the muffler is a lot more effective!)
    • now I'm having a cuppa tea and a piece of 'gevulde speculaas' (some kind of spiced gingerbread with almond paste: very Dutch and very tasteful)
      gevulde-speculaas.jpg
    A productive day!

6. richgem

James was too busy ruining his hair color and Billy was getting his head waxed.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I don't think that's why Billy didn't make it.;)

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

In the rain and wind yesterday, my tent collapsed at about 4AM. Ground got so soft the 10" stakes wouldn't hold. The wind collapsed one side of the tent, brending a pole and ripping the side fabric. So, I am not hope, after being wet and miserable yesterday. But oh well, it was still overall a fun trip.

Did I mention that daughter is recovering well from her knee surgery?

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Glad she is on the mend. What type of knee surgery did she have? I am on the mend, bit by bit, from a partial knee replacement. It still hurts an awful lot, but each day, I can bend it a bit more and put more weight on it.

10. RaZorBurn123

It's 2:45am, I was sound asleep and suddenly woken up to the sound of rain hitting my window, roof. My wife and I got up opened the front door and stood in utter amazement! It's raining! It's raining! She's now making toast and coffee, and I'm sitting by the front door enjoying the rain. California is back!!

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

She inherited my knee problems. In July at softball practice, she slipped on wet grass and dislocated her knee cap. She has always had knee issues with it giving out on her, sticking momentarily, etc.. Well, this one was pretty bad. Knee cap popped back in just before the ambulance arrived. Had MRI done and found that there was a bone chip from the knee cap in the cartilage and the medial ligament was damaged. Surgery was on September 2nd and during surgery they realized that another ligament needed work as well because it was too tight and preventing the knee cap from being in the proper place (which was was probably promoting her knee issues). So, bone chip removed and two ligaments worked on. Therapy appointments twice a week, and two sessions of therapy at home each day. She was off crutches before the protocols suggested and then she was off of the brace before it was predicted. So now she is mobile, but still not allowed to do anything physical other than walk and do therapy. She missed some school, but we scheduled the surgery for before Labor day weekend, so she had an extra day to heal without missing school. With most of her classes having things online, she was caught up pretty easy with school and mostly current before she even crutched back into the class room for the first time.

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Lil Rascal (rocket in profile pic) flew on Friday as well as several other rockets at Midwest Power. It was a fun time overall, but I am nursing a sore throat and being wet and muddy all day on Saturday didn't help.

macaronus likes this.
  13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

Etoyoc and Intrigued like this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

As I still can't climb my stairs, I also can't get into the shower yet. So a friend came over and shampooed my hair, at the kitchen sink. Some people aree REALLY good friends.

macaronus and richgem like this.
  15. richgem

Looks like it was a regular girls night in. :D
    [​IMG]

macaronus, Sara-s and Intrigued like this.
  16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I have spent the past two and a half days building a fence with two of my sons. Loaded up the truck on Friday with lumber (pt 4x4s, 2x4s, 1x8 dog ear planks, post mix, etc) and spent a good part of Saturday digging post holes (about a dozen) in hard clay; mixing and setting the 4x4 posts. Next day, mounted top & bottom rails and began putting up the fence planking. Work was cut short today on account of RAIN!
    Thank Goodness for the rain! We need the rain and I needed the break from the manual labor….:D
    More still to do….
    [​IMG]

17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Nice looking fence.

18. richgem

I just hope he doesnt get too .... board.

macaronus likes this.
  19. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

image.jpg

richgem, macaronus and pvtbanks like this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Funny, similar reaction here this morning. It took a few seconds to remember what that wet stuff falling out of the sky was called. Love it. Keep it coming!

RaZorBurn123 and macaronus like this.