How's your day? October 2014

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Mr. Shaverman, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

+1 That's got to be terrible!

2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Pile driver...hilarious.

Speedy recovery.

Meanwhile, back in Big D, it appears that we're all going to die from the Ebola.

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  3. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

macaronus and Sara-s like this.
  4. Mr. Shaverman

Today I'm leaving for a 12 day retreat. I'll be away from computers, phones, TV, radio, etc. The worst part is, I'll be shaving with an electric razor all that time!! See you all in a few days :)

weathertimesusa and Tattoobob like this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Enjoy, have fun and get refreshed!
    :happy069:

:signs001: Thanks to all for the kind wishes for a speedy recovery! Day 2 and I'm pleased to report no swelling, finger numbness has diminished, and my dependency on pain-killers has waned somewhat.
    I may even try a DE shave with my right hand today. I have a NEW DE razor to try, thanks to Gary's generous PIF…It's going to be a great day! :happy088:

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Great! And yours?

7. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

No sleep in Walls kinda day

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Oh boy! And I over slept.

9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Just rub salt in the wound why don't ya? :p

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Mr. Shaverman

Mixed. I just showered and did my last wet shave for a bit, getting ready to take off on a 12 day retreat, and found out that I didn't get a job I'd been jumping through a lot of hoops to get. It was down to the last few final people and they made their decision this morning. I guess it's good to know before I head out, but disappointing all the same.

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Tired. Nothing but negativity anymore.

12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Keep it up, JoAnna! Hang in there. Try to relax and have some 'you' time. Have some chocolate (if you can / are allowed). It helps in making you feel better. And it tastes good to boot!

I've had some bad days lately, but today I didn't let it get to me.

This one never fails to get a smile on my face!

13. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Car repair day. Wouldn't start this morning (even though I just put a brand new battery in it last week). The new battery required one of those post shims. I didn't like the looks of it when the guy put it in, but I figured he knows his job better than I do. Well, when the car wouldn't start today, it looked loose, and the cable was definitely riding a little high on the post for my taste. Loosened it up, pounded it all the way down onto the post, tightened her back up and sheared off the end of the cable terminal. Took the cable off the post and noticed the breaks in the shim weren't in the right direction to be able to tighten down with the terminal. From what I can tell the terminal was just tightening onto the shim, while the shim was not tightening onto the post.

Now I get to replace the entire cable assembly and lucky me, the auto part stores don't carry any long enough for my car.

14. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Sorry to hear that. You'll get the next one, and perhaps look back and see that it all worked out for the best.

15. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

PIF! PIF! PIF!

45auto, Slow Joe and HolyRollah like this.
  16. Dapper-in-a-can-man

^ lol

richgem likes this.
  17. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Patrick, sorry things aren't going very fast on getting your situation resolved. Good luck on the PT, maybe they can borrow your DI lid to make you feel at home. Give me 10!:happy088:

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Imagine the response to a Narcotic PIF! :scared007:

19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Now he's trying to sleep in Walls?! LAY OFF THE SAILOR! ISN'T THE RUG ON THE CEILING BAD ENOUGH?!

:D

Slow Joe likes this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Salt is a good disinfectant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.