Huh?!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Steve C, Jul 29, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

While I agree with this, I've also found some blades work better in certain razors for me, and some last much longer. I base my buying decisions on the blades that excell in ALL my razors. YMMV...

BigMark83 likes this.
  2. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Not aimed at you but can't we simply establish YMMV as a matter of forum principle and not have to keep saying it with every offered opinion?Rhetorical question, on my first coffee.

I agree with this also.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s and dustmite like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Gillette Wilkies are one that I keep in bulk.
    Thanks for the tip!

5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Pick up a a tuck from Tryablade.com and if you like them then stock up from Amazon.

6. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Somebody get this man a beer !

dustmite likes this.
  7. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Maybe it's just me, but unless I know who a vendor is, I'm not buying them. And I don't know any of those vendors. Might be unfair, but it's my money.

dustmite likes this.
  8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I will echo the thoughts above about blades behaving differently in different razors. Here's just one example:
    IMG_0097.JPG My NEW SC loves Gillette Silver Blue. With this razor blade combo I could shave twice in the same day if I had to. But, the GSB is the only blade the NEW 'likes'. Voskhod? Negative, by day three it was pulling and tugging. And I love Voskies. I even went back recently and gave 'em another shot. Still no joy. Razor, blade, face. That'll always tell ya.

9. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

I've tried the Gillette Wilki's from both India, and China. The Indian ones are excellent. The Chinese ones suck. I would not personally take a chance on making an order, and ending up with the Chinese blades. Since they are so cheap, and take so long to receive, I suspect they are the Chinese blades, and I would pass. Good luck.

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The add states the blades, and the seller are from India. So, is it a good deal Alan?
    I've not tried these blades much. My liking with Wilkinson blades are the vintage ones, from the late 60's. The Wilkinson Sword Super Swords. Those are some of the finest ever made.

11. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi Scott, if the blades are really from India, and are $9, and have little or no shipping cost, then I would say they are a good deal. I have had some really good shaves from the Indian Wilki's in the distant past. The last time I ordered some I ended up with the Chinese blades, and they were terrible. But as always, YMMV. Have a great day Scott and everyone!

DaltonGang likes this.
  12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

They aren't bad blades. Not top tier, but not trash either.

13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Yes. The differences are nowhere near as important as people think, and for new converts, somewhat irrelevant. Your technique will determine outcome far more than blade choice.

14. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

I kinda jumped the gun and bought Voskhod blades 100pk as a newbie . I kept seeing how great they are on here and FB. Luckily they are great but my next in line was Astra. I'm still trying to figure out if I like them or not. I get "seems" more irritation. Or maybe it's all in my head. Haha good luck

15. RetLEO-07

A lot of the Gents around here use tryablade.com. You can get single blades and make up your own sample pack.

dustmite and BigMark83 like this.
  16. DaltonGang

What about shipping???? :angry019:

17. DaltonGang

:D

dustmite and RyX like this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Pushin' buttons, I see. ;)

Keithmax, dustmite, RyX and 2 others like this.
  19. RetLEO-07

I just consider the source. :D

20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Check the water before you jump, buy a sampler pack.

DaltonGang likes this.