Hybrid MiLord...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by paydepst, Aug 2, 2007.

1. paydepst

paydepst Member

I posted this in one of the other forums and thought I would share it here as I found it interesting and thought some of you who spend most of your time at TSD might not have seen it.

This thread came about because of someone selling a Pre WWII MiLord over at B&B. Here you can see the pictures of that razor-

N.B. this razor is missing an end cap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I'm interested in the Pre War MiLord so I naturally took a look. In the case of the MiLord, I'm looking for a display piece and this was clearly in the nice shaver category so I decided to pass. As I was about to close the thread though I noticed something. The handle was definitely Pre war but the head was Post war SS style. Here's a photo of the Pre war MiLord-

[​IMG]

and here are two of the post war version from another ad-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice the head and the handles in both versions and that the first MiLord combines characteristics of both. I felt this was one of those transitional hybrids we are always hearing so much about and decided to pm a few gurus and all are willing to concede the possibility that I am right about this. The razor was manufactured in the USA. Following is a mint example of this hybrid from my German Gillette connection-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And there you have it! Thanks to everyone for the use of their photos. I thought this was kind of neat and was wondering if anyone else has seen this razor?

BTW, if anyone has a pre war MiLord like the second one pictured above please contact me if you wish to sell it.

As Gollum would say, "I wants it! Must have the precious!"