I Feel Ill...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Truckman, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I just found out yesterday that my FIL tossed a ~1959 Gold plated Schick (unsure what type) about 6 months ago. The had sold their house and were clearing everything out for the move. He hadn't used it in decades, following the trend of the multi-bladed contraptions, so my MIL told him to toss it. ugh... I would have loved to have gotten my hands on it...

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Damn got to hate that. I got lucky and found my granddads 57 SS before it got tossed after my Grandmother died. That would have been a cool one to have for you,

Fuzzy

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That is sad.

4. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Sorry to hear Truck.
    That would have been special.

5. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Circa 1959 would either make it a ...

Type I (1955-1958)

[​IMG]

or a Type J (1958-1964)

[​IMG]

6. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

That stinks. Just think of how many razors from that period have been tossed over the years.

7. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

The biggest threat to the dwindling supply of vintage razors is the uneducated tossing them out after somebody dies.
    I was recently at an elderly lady's home doing some repairs on her kitchen cabinet.
    We were discussing the economy and I was telling her about my website.
    Well she say she has some old razors and leave the room to fetch them.
    I figure she's going to come back with a Trac 2 or something similar.
    She comes back and gives me a E-4 Fatboy and a L-4 Slim adjustable.
    They both cleaned up nicely, though the lock down on the Fatboy is still kinda stiff..
    If it wasn't for e-bay and these site most of these treasures would have been tossed in the dumper.

8. Truckman

Truckman New Member

It's for that reason I've been thinking about checking out some estate sales...I figure they may pan out better than antique stores...

Guido - thanks for the pics of what may have been... :rolleyes:

I tried to see if he could remember what it may be..."It was a gold Schick..." ah, well.....