I found a trick to make your face feel amazing post-shave.

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by 7055, Feb 7, 2016.

1. flaxton

flaxton Active Member

I use a mixture of Shea butter and coconut oil as a pre shave. Works really well.

deoxy4 likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

VDH Shave Butter. Lousy shave cream, great preshave with a hot towel.

3. Eiklj

Eiklj Member

Can I just rub some bacon on my face?

4. RetLEO-07

Mmmmm, bacon

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

There's a new aftershave balm from the UK called Nip Man. Is it ever soothing and it smells nice. It also gives a pleasant cooling effect.

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. tazorac

tazorac Active Member

Castor oil sounds too messy

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Yes, yes you can.
    enhanced-buzz-13459-1359841615-0.gif

EnglishChannel and Robyflexx like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

We have now as a race ascended to the highest plateau.

RyX likes this.
  9. Eiklj

Eiklj Member

Robyflexx and RyX like this.
  10. deoxy4

deoxy4 Member

I have been using a mixture of shea butter and coconut oil myself. My wife uses Shea butter and we use coconut oil in the kitchen. I figured I would give it a try before spending money on yet another product. It is a little tricky trying to figure out the percentage of each to use. If I remember correctly at 50:50 the mixture can be a little less solid in the summer time. Coconut oil goes into a liquid state over 76 F. The last time I made a batch I tried 75 shea butter: 25 coconut oil. I also added some lavender essential oil. It remained in a solid state in the summer. Body heat from your fingers melts it for application. I find it works really well as you stated. I also use it as a post shave and in general skin care to seal in moisture during the dry winter.

wristwatchb likes this.
  11. RetLEO-07

I use VDH Shave Butter in my pre-shave on Sunday's. It's got coconut oil and I think shea butter in it. It sucked as shave cream, but does pretty well with a hot towel as a pre-shave. YMMV.

wristwatchb likes this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I use unrefined shea butter in my post-shave routine. It's the best moisturizer I've ever used.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

giveslt glLL
    Yeah, I've been rubbing pretzels on my face post shave for years, works just as well as urine, but the added salt gives a nice burn.

RyX, mrchick and RetLEO-07 like this.
  14. RetLEO-07

:happy097:

RyX and BigMike like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

i have been using proraso pre shave white or red so far.works so good that i have nt used aftershave balm just splash.

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Guess I've been doing a similar procedure. Popcorn made the old fashion way - a big deep covered pan, veg oil to slick up the bottom and transfer heat to the kernels. I like Parmesan cheese and Tony Chachere's seasoning sprinkled on top. By the time I've eaten my dose my face is moisturized. I tend to accompany my evening snack with a tall glass of minty sweet iced tea, so at some point urine happens but not on my face if I can help it. ;)

BigMike and RetLEO-07 like this.
  17. RetLEO-07

:happy097::eatdrink047:

18. 7055

7055 Active Member

Urea also happens to be what they're injecting in the exhaust of diesel tractor engines now to reduce emissions. Never thought pee could have so many uses lol

19. RetLEO-07

Who'd a thunk it a pee-injected motor!