I had forgotten how much I liked Speick cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by McGrande, Jun 18, 2017.

1. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Until this morning's shave that is.

I used up a tube of Speick probably 5 or 6 years ago, went on a minor soap binge and for creams latched onto all 4 Proraso flavors which I use in weekly rotations.

Recently added a tube of Speick to a blade order and used it today. Whips up lots of creamy, slick, fragrant lather. Plenty of cushion and glide. Very nice post shave feel to the skin. All natural ingredients. Great performer. Decent price point.

I know some consider the lavender scent "old fashioned" but to my nose there is a deeper, spicey, fresh thing going on as well.

2. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Excellent. Have not tried it but like the AS. I wish the smell lasted longer I added menthol to it.

3. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

It's a really great cream. I've already finished two tubes of this. I'd definitely buy another. Amazing performance, lathers in no time, protective even with the most aggressive razors. The scent is classic and manly. What not to like?

4. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I don't get Lavender, although many people say they do. I feel it has a more complex scent than that. It's a shame as I had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients, as it lathers by just looking at it. So I may try the soap stick and see if there is any difference. I have however used the Active soap, which laters easily and is a good soap. I might be partial to German products as I grew up very close , and still am, to my Oma.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Yehuda D likes this.
  5. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Love Speick - in my opinion probably the best bang for the buck you can get in the shaving world ;) Fantastic performance, great price (I can usually get a tube for less than 3 Euro at the local drugstore).

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I got a sample and really liked it. A tube is in my future.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I had to shave with Speick today after seeing this. Great shave paired with Fine Platinum.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I will be shaving with the Speick next Sunday. I have the AS too. I like it.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  9. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Where do folks recommended buying it at a reasonable price (given the retail price in Europe)

10. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Had my first shave with Speick cream this morning, and it was nothing short of spectacular!

Bowl-lathered to a thick, creamy consistency, added some more water and the Speick came out wonderfully protective. I wet the brush a few three extra times while applying and all was right in the world. The Gem Clog Pruf rewarded me with a smooth, clean cut on all 3 passes.

Slickness and post-shave feel were excellent, and the scent hung around nicely until well after the shave was done. Paired with the Speick AS, I left the house feeling wonderful and smelling of manliness.

Found a keeper for the rotation!

Yehuda D likes this.