I Loaded, Took Aim, Slowly Squeezed The Trigger...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

...and shot a blank. :( Darn it all! I really wanted this razor, but not so badly that I would bid like a maniac. In case you are wondering, I am the bidder that lost by a dollar. Oh, well, maybe next time...

CLICK ME

2. Erimus

Erimus New Member

I don't know which method you use but, I find wise not to get involved in bidding at all and leave it until the two minutes providing bidding hasn't already gone crazy. Decide early on how much you are willing to pay, then add a safety margin and put your highest bid in the last 30 seconds, only snipers with a higher maximum and those with a higher bid will beat you however, on a high percentage of bids you'll win by a dollar. Good hunting.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I would see the doctor if your shooting blanks....

(new record! thread gone to hell by post #3)

4. Erimus

Erimus New Member

you're not your:D

5. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Don't feel bad. The guy that won the auction is a collector and his max bid was probably way more than $71. Look what the guy paid for a NIB Fatboy

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Also, it wasnt NIB by the looks of it and if you're just going to use it you may as well buy a user grade one that you can get a good price on. Dont feel bad, they come up all the time.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Yeah, I have knocked heads with guys like these a few times. Not too long ago, I lost out on a President in which the winner and I tied, but his bid went in first. I was actually glad I lost that one though, because it went for $150 and it didn't even have a case. What was I thinking? :whacky098

8. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Dang, by a dollar? That's too bad.

9. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I think I could consider to fork out that for a NIB too... :drool:drool:drool

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

How about that! A new 195 cost $1.95 -- inadvertent clever marketing scheme? :signs002

11. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wow, yeah, I would be glad I lost too! hahaha I bid a lot, I bid low. I lose probably 8 out of 10 auctions I bid on. I figure I will bid what I would be excited about winning it for. If I get outbid, oh well, I expected that, if I win, AWESOME! I just got a _______ for $___ :D

THAT NOS fatboy is awesome, can't say I have seen that packaging before.

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Yeah, well here's my non-NOS Fat Boy that I put together piecemeal for a grand total of $16 -- including shipping costs. I bought the razor and case for $13, and the blades for $3, both from eBay. So, to Mr. NOS, I say...:taunt002

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]