I would like to ask everyone a question.

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Sassybee, May 27, 2016.

1. Sassybee

Sassybee Well-Known Member

What is safest razor but one with best and smoothest finish you would think best for a woman ?

2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

My wife uses a replated Fat Handle Tech from the late 1940's. She tried a Lady Eversharp injector and didn't like it. She has also tried other DE razors and always goes back to the Tech. Any Tech razor is fairly mild and the fat handle with the knurling and lines make gripping it easy. Hope that helps a bit...
    Tech-4.jpg

3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I would agree. I have over 20 razors and by far this razor give me the best shave. It's light, it's easy to find the angle and its smooooth.
    image.jpeg
    The other positive, it's fairly inexpensive on eBay and other sites.

4. Sassybee

Sassybee Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. So my first thing to do is look at tech razors. I'm going to go research now and I plan on making my own shaving soap with essential oils and coconut oil plus other things. Again thank you for the info.

Going to research. Thank you

5. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

my fiance always feels like the tech could cut her. she uses a gillette old type. its very subjective. i would say a safer razor would be a super speed since it shaves like a tech and has a twist to open that keeps your fingers farther from the blade during changes.

6. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

My ex would use a Schick injector.

BeShaved, Douglas Carey and Sassybee like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    BeShaved, barbersurgeon and Sassybee like this.
  8. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Can anything be milder than an adjustable on #1 or maybe a Blue tip

BeShaved and Sassybee like this.
  9. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Hello, and welcome to TSD. Lots of helpful information and people here. Don't be afraid to ask questions .Join up for the newbie giveaway. If you wanted a new mild razor, the Edwin Jagger DE 89 is not expensive, and is a all around great shaver.

10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Yes. A Feather Popular, or the plastic Wilkinson Sword razors (I don't like those).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

11. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

I actually shaved with the Wilkinson Sword the other day only one catch you gotta put a Wilkinson Sword blade in there but they are not as mild as my feather or an adjustable on one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Really? I can remember that it was pretty mild ... but don't trust my memory lol.

OK, a Slim on #1 is very mild indeed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Feather AS/D2. Pricey yes. Well made, very little blade exposure, and covers the side tabs most razors don't.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My wife likes the Gillette Lady Star razor.

15. river-rhine

river-rhine Well-Known Member

For a body-razor I would prefer a long handle.

A Gillette Tech head can be a good choice
    but if you would like to buy a new one the Merkur 23C is a very good razor (an in connection with green Astra-Blades mild, but not too mild - You always feel the blade).
    A good choice can also be the Parker’s 29L . It's a long handled safety razor modeled on the old famous Lady Gillette. I think, it's milder than the Merkur.

16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'll also agree the Gillette tech is a mild razor. Also, the Gillette super speed blue flare tip is another mild DE razor. Both are well made and can be found on eBay and in antique shops for very reasonable prices.

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The Lady Gillette has a long handle.

18. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Lots of good choices here. If you want a new razor, look at the Merkur Futur. It covers the ends of the blade and has a long handle. The Futur is also adjustable, and not a bad price.

19. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Merkur makes an open comb that is similar to the Gilette Old Type. I own a short handle version but I suppose a woman would prefer the long handle of the Merkur 25c.
    @ObiDon mentions the Futur, which is a suggestion I wouldn't have come up with myself, even though this is my go-to razor. Even on a setting of 1 it can be an aggressive razor, but with a Derby blade it's well behaved and the big gap means it never clogs. So maybe he's on to something.

20. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Gave my wife a Gillette Slim she sets it on a 1 or 2 I think or the Flare Tip. I think she has an eye on one of the Techs :)

BeShaved, Douglas Carey and Sassybee like this.