I would like to ask everyone a question.

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Sassybee, May 27, 2016.

1. Sassybee

Sassybee Well-Known Member

Thank all of you so much. Alot of info to digest. You all are so helpful though. Now question is do the razors you are recommending do legs, underarms, arms, and blush here private areas the same? Or should I look at two different razors?

George X, Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Yes to almost everything, I don't know if the women here dare to, but i definitely wouldn't trust a DE around my junk. :D

George X and Sassybee like this.
  3. Sassybee

Exactly why I'm asking. If you guys wouldn't then I want to know. I don't like sight of blood. Lol

George X, Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Ha! Ha! Your face is red! According to my wife, "yes" to all of the above. They're is just a bit of a learning curve with this type is razor as opposed to a cartridge razor. On a side note my wife said she used to steal her dad's Gillette razors when she was young.

Douglas Carey and Sassybee like this.
  5. Robyflexx

There are much safer razors for the nethers IMHO. :)

Sassybee likes this.
  6. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I would personally suggest an injector razor. On the other hand, the razor that I feel is the most efficient while feeling mild would be the Phoenix Double Open Comb razor. I highly recommend that one for those entering this hobby. The overwhelming variety is what makes this journey so great.

7. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Gillette Black Beauty long handle is another thought. Can be dialed down since it's adjustable.

I find the 70's vintage black handle Gillette SuperSpeed to be pretty mild. The schick Krona is a very Mild razor to me, the handle is not short, has a good grip even if it's not to wide. The way the handle tapers, I'd think it would work very well as a leg shaver.

Blades can make a big difference in feel, so get a variety and try a few. I really like Astra Super Platinum's and Gillette Silver Blue's. Both are smooth performers for me, and many here would agree they are well worth trying for yourself. There are places like TryABlade, or eBay sellers that will sell you a variety to get started.

Oh, and welcome to theshaveden!

Douglas Carey, Sassybee and Robyflexx like this.
  8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

My wife uses a SuperSpeed, circa early 60's, that belonged to her dad. She would, however, like something with a longer handle. It also needs to be cute!

Douglas Carey, BigMike and Sassybee like this.
  9. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I got my wife a Blue Star Gillette about a year and a half ago and she loves it. I think she nicked herself maybe once or twice in that whole time. I haven't shaved with it so I can't tell you how it compares to a regular Super Speed. The long handle works for her and no issues with corrosion or anything if it gets left in the shower for a couple days.

10. barbersurgeon

There's also 'The Knack' long handle Super Speed, which usually can be found pretty cheap.

11. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Pretty much any vintage Gillette would do just fine. My girlfriend used a Tech for her first DE shave, and she said it went well. Adjustables would be perfect since you can adjust how mild or agressive you prefer.

Douglas Carey and Sassybee like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol where are the other ladies of this forum when you need them... :ashamed001:

13. barbersurgeon

@Sara-s , @Queen of Blades

I was actually thinking a Stick Shick might be the ladies equilivent of the 'hussy' aka the Shick fashion razor?

Sassybee and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Herm2502

I really like my Lady Eversharp (which I bought for my wife, but she didn't like it).
    Lady Eversharp.JPG

15. Robyflexx

:love055:

Douglas Carey likes this.
  16. Herm2502

Now cut that out...:hooray:

17. Sassybee

Example?

Like the design

Thank you

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Safe is a relative term. Razors get labeled with terms like Mild or Aggressive. Some Ladies shave with a straight razor. Biggest difference is it has more blade exposed.

Video Here.

Robyflexx, Douglas Carey and Sassybee like this.
  19. Sassybee

No

20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My fiancée prefers it as well.

Douglas Carey likes this.