I would like to ask everyone a question.

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Sassybee, May 27, 2016.

1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I was eating dinner, when all of the sudden it popped in my head that @Robyflexx mentioned he won't use a DE on his junk.. Lol which implies he does use something :shocked003:.. I almost choked and my wife and son were really perplexed on what happened. :rofl::happy102:

navy mac, PLANofMAN, Metro and 7 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Is he on the Bunny tour? This topic keeps coming up there, too.

navy mac, Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Its not as scary as it seems. Lots of past posts say so on this forum and others. I would wait awhile and use other safer razors before going to a straight.

navy mac and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

There is a good way to test your skills with a straight razor blow up a balloon put some shave cream on it and try and take all the cream off the balloon with a straight razor without popping it good luck

navy mac likes this.
  5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I have a Norelco men's groomer for women that prefer that look. :)

My last girlfriend used a Noxzema disposable. She loved that one. :)

navy mac, Jorvaljr and George X like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Schick Krona. Super mild, long handle, and cheap enough nobody is going to have kittens when their significant other leaves it laying in a puddle of water in their shower soap dish. You can thank me later.

Want to go so cheap it is almost disposable? Feather Popular. The ladies of my house have them laying pretty much everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

navy mac and barbersurgeon like this.
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

^^^I will second this. ^^^^
    My wife has tried several of my razors, and ended up loving the Gillette Lady Starburst the most.
    Second would be the Gillette Black Beauty, it is adjustable and she learned to DE shave with it.
    What these two also have in common are long handles, rounded edges, and head geometry.

navy mac and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Sassybee I use the same razor (Gillette Super Adjustable/long handle a.k.a "Black Beauty) for my legs & underarms. I have no advice on the nether regions, as I don't shave there. But I suspect that an adjustable razor can be set to be comfortable on different areas of the body.

Sorry, I can't help with this. I am not familiar with this razor.

9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

The Gillette Tech circa pre 60's is a good choice for the jobs you mentioned. It can be paired with a longer handle if preferred. The one advantage of injectors is their smaller heads allowing for better access in smaller areas. I would not suggest adjustables due to their bulkier heads. The Gillette lady starburst was designed for women encompassing a long grippy handle and more compact head than most other TTO but not as compact as a Gillette 3 piece Tech razor.
    I also agree with @PickledNorthern recommendations above as a good option.
    Good Luck.

navy mac and BamaT like this.
  10. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

My wife doesn't shave the private parts anymore, but when she did, like the Gillette Super Speed Black Beauty Adjustable she likes the Gillette Slim better because of the thicker handle, She didn't care for the Fatboy. All the above razors are great suggestions, you just need to pick one that is right for you. My wife is also looking at a Erwin Jagger Pink razor that she likes the look of and knows I won't use, lol

navy mac, BamaT and Robyflexx like this.
  11. George X

George X Well-Known Member

My wife is still stuck in cartridge world and told me she is afraid of the DE's...I may just have to suck it up and do a shave for her to show it is safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

navy mac, BamaT, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I bought my wife her own brush and a puck of TSD rose soap. She loves them! The DE came when she was ready. Moral of the story - don't push, let her come to it on her own.

navy mac, RyX and George X like this.
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I showed my wife a picture last night of the Gillette Lady Star, and she really liked it. She likes the blue for the cute factor, the handle is longer than her flair tip SuperSpeed, and she likes the TTO. I'm pretty sure she'll get one of those.

navy mac, Sara-s and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Good that she like the blue since the others are both more expensive and harder to come by.

navy mac and Robyflexx like this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

That's one reason to quit buying estate razors.

TheFiveO, BamaT, navy mac and 2 others like this.
  16. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lmfao..

navy mac and Robyflexx like this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It has the exact same head as the super speed razor for the years it was made. The handle is the difference between it and a super speed.

RyX, navy mac and Red Rider like this.
  18. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

After trying a few of my razors, my wife really likes the edwin jagger 89dbl. I know chrome doesn't last but when it fails then I'll send it to be replated in rhodium because she keeps the same thing forever if she likes it. I wish I could do that but RAD kicks in and I'm off to try new things.

Fellowship of cold water shavers

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My girlfriend has two razors she uses that she really likes. A Gillette Lady starburst and a Gillette Knack. Both give her excellent reach and comfort. She uses Personna Super blades which gives her close yet comfortable shaves. IMG_0512.JPG

BamaT, Jorvaljr and Robyflexx like this.