If you could only have one soap and one scent, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Fly2High, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I haven't tried enough to choose from. I hope this thread becomes as popular as SOTD and YO!, so I'll be able to answer.

RyX likes this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am sorry to hear that. Makes me sad when a Williams guy is missing out. Heat some bottled water. :eek:

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Overall, I have some pedestrian tastes when it comes to shaving.

The Arko Shave Stick is inexpensive and works like a champ. For an added aftershave, when I use it, Superior 70 is my choice. It works well, has a nice light scent that dissipates pretty quickly and is inexpensive.

RyX, AGHisBBS, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  4. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Icoloniali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ksblazer likes this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

It's all good. :happy088:
    MdC is one of those polarizing scents where some love it and others simply can't abide it. Sort of like the Veg scent...except the Veg does truly stink. :D:D:D

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Arko works fine in my water, so I go with that instead.

AGHisBBS and wchnu like this.
  7. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Tabac, superior performance and the scent is pleasant enough. And if I did not like the scent I could cover it up with TSD Barber shoppe after shave.

Dave

8. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

Nuavia Rosso. It's expensive upfront, but I know my jar will outlive me. And the scent is by far the most sophisticated among the soaps I have. Except perhaps the Nuavia Blu.

9. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

Tabac is another great choice, Dave.

10. Paul Turner

But that's 2. We're talkinabout something you can't cover up. (Or as Winston would have said, "up with which you can't cover").

11. ColbyBreithaupt

ColbyBreithaupt Active Member

I could smell Fine American Blend everyday for the rest of my life. So i guess that's my ONE.

jwr3265 and PLAla like this.
  12. dscaver

OK, you got me. From this day forward I will only use something like witch hazel or Lucky Tiger after I shave with Tabac. Or maybe I will order some Tabac after shave.

Dave

13. dscaver

Whew, good to hear that. Now we don't have march 10 paces and using sling shots to fire an alum block at each other. My eyes are not what they used to be. The fun part of this is I really don't get too wound up about soap scents. By time I am done with rinsing my face, there is not much scent left.

Dave

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

my apologies-I see I didn't quite follow your post. This "one soap" thing is tricky.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

:)...well, I see you slang a shot at me.....replying just as I deleted!!

16. dscaver

Don't apologize, Just have fun with it. Beside, I don't have an alum block now. have to order one next time I order Tabac soap.

Dave

17. Paul Turner

Never heard of the alum block...what's it all about?

RyX likes this.
  18. dscaver

[​IMG]

It is like this one from RazoRock. I rub it on my face after I shave and it stop any little weepers I may have caused. If my shave is particularly close, the stinging will set me free. But, sadly I dropped my alum block in the sink and it shattered into 100 pieces.

Dave

RyX likes this.
  19. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Tough question for me to answer.

But I think my answer would have to be Panna Crema.

20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I guess MWF.