iKon Slant Hybrid

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tiredricefarmer, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

IMG_0010.JPG This has an iKon B1 slant base with an ShaveCraft X3 slant top cap and an iKon oss handle. Looks pretty cool, anyone know anything about it?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

looks like mix and match of Ikon parts by the owner

Tiredricefarmer and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. Tiredricefarmer

I kind of thought that at first too, but wasn't sure. I have a RR 37 and love it which makes me want to try other slants I run across. Saw this one on eBay

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've seen that razor on the Bay, it's a mismatch. But it's a good one.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  5. Tiredricefarmer

What do you think about the price?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

price is fair, SS handle, SS base plate and aluminum top cap, just be careful not to over tighten when you screw in the handle

7. Tiredricefarmer

Haven't bought it yet. Was more curious than anything. I can see myself starting a collection of slants, this DE shaving gonna get expensive!

RyX likes this.
  8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

9. Tiredricefarmer

That's sensory overload right there! I've got an RR 37 slant and I love it. Have considered trying to use it everyday. It seems very efficient. I've already gone off the deep end in the 4 months I've been DE shaving. Got 15 kinds of soap, 3 brushes, 3 aftershaves, 2 as balms, 2 diff witch hazels, bump stopper, 9 bars of bath soap with 6 of those being Stirling, CJB Shavette, 7 diff kinds of blades, 100 persona blues, 200- 7 o'clock yellows coming, and 7 DE razors with one being a restore project for Delta Echo. Probably the last thing I need to be doing is buying more! Lol

10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood me, since you typed " this DE shaving gonna get expensive!" I wanted to make a point that DE shaving can be extremely cheap if one never got hook into the hype machine. By reading your post I already figured out ur deep into this hell hole, so Am I....:happy068:

11. Tiredricefarmer

Knew exactly what you meant. When I started this this I was extremely proud of how cheaply I was able to get started. Then my eyes started getting bigger! It was like ooooooohhhhhh!!!! I wanna try this, and that, and this too! Been a great journey so far and I truly don't ever think it will end. I've had some downs but have progressed greatly. It's like being a kid in a candy store, lol.

RyX likes this.
  12. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

It wont end but you will narrow down what you like and then things will slow down with the occasional purchase here and there. I don't have too much but trust me I have plenty stuff I bought probably to serve me for the rest of my miserable life LOL

Well at least the razors and blades should outlast me and I think I probably have spent around 500-700 bucks tops. I know the feeling you speak of: " ooooooohhhhhh!!!! I wanna try this, and that, and this too! " I just got the Razorock SS DLC Hawk, looks like fine razor, feels hefty in hand due to being 316L SS, shaves like a surgeon high on a fairy dust, and once I make my choice whether I like feathers or kais better I'll be screwed because most likely I'll end up ordering 200 blades from ebay for cheaper hahaha, once a sucker always a sucker! none the less a sucker with pride

13. Tiredricefarmer

That razor looks cool! Noticed IB was sold out. Aaaannnddd here we go again, I'd love to have one! Don't have a SE razor but it is on my list! Guess I'll have to wait......lol

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Price is subjective, it's what you want to spend or can.
    Everything about the iKon slant is good, since you already have the RR37 I don't think the iKon will make a huge difference.
    You could get a RR Black Hawk (or silver) and they're the best for your dollar.
    Ive been doing this for 4 years and I'll be so honest here.
    Don't waste your money like I have, chasing the next best thing is completely wacky.
    Settle on 5 soaps, 6 razors, SE, DE, Slant, Vintage, Injector. Etc..
    There really isn't that golden shaving goodie that's going to make the skies open, it's really about technique.

RyX and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  15. Tiredricefarmer

I'm smell'n what you're step'n in. I just looked at a RR Black Hawk $24.99 plus shipping but was sold out. Looked the same as the Hawk accept for the handle.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

regarding the SS Hawk you might have to wait longer than expected, he is not producing enough of them to satisfy the demand, I got mine on pure luck, whatever he got in stock sold out in 5 min, then another batch supposedly came in 2-3 days later also sold out in 5 min.... Until he decides to raise up the production on the SS Hawks they will always be in shortage. The only current Hawk that's available is the Satin one, also the Wunderbar is available too. Razoburn makes a good point, I spend and buy stuff but I don't go over board because any razor will give you good results. Now there are people who spend 500-2000 bucks on a razor, there are some people that have 2000+ razors..... I'm gonna be honest, I will most likely spend money on the new Mamba but it will be $60, will be machined 316L,will have adjustable handle, overall II don't mind spending 60 bucks it. For example he had the Baby Smooth in titanium for 100 bucks that sold out in 5 min.... I probably wouldn't mind baby smooth in 316L for 60 though but no 100 even though the glass blasted titanium head looks cool I have to admit.

RaZorBurn123 and Tiredricefarmer like this.