I'll take mine over easy...

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by BamaT, Mar 12, 2015.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

So how do you all like your eggs? Do you have a particular way of cooking them, or recipe you like?

Wednesday morning I enjoyed a couple of eggs over easy, and that is how I've preferred mine for many years. Whites done but not crispy or browned, and the yolks runny. I've found, IMHO, that a well seasoned cast iron skillet pre-heated to slightly below medium heat to medium low heat works best.

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Oeufs en cocotte
    (basically an egg cooked in cream - yummy!)
    we only eat them on special occasions - Christmas, Easter etc. My daughter knows how to cook them. I know how to eat them.
    Mini-oeuf-cocotte-au-foie-gras.jpg

grump, mrchick, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  3. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

Not real preference just as long as they have salt and pepper...mmmm

BamaT likes this.
  4. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

I like a nice over medium. Runny but not too runny.

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I like omelets or scrambled eggs. When making an omelet, I like to add mozzarella or muenster cheese. When I cook in a ceramic non-stick pan, they come out best.

BamaT and Tdmsu like this.
  6. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

For the last 3 years, I've used Eggies to make my breakfasts for the week. Ham chunks or sausage or ham and sausage mixed, cooked in the little containers with egg flavored with Arby's 3 pepper sauce. Relatively low calorie, yet satisfying.

BamaT likes this.
  7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I like scrambled and omelets mostly too. My Dad used to make what he called shirred eggs sometimes - he would take sausage links and make squares with them on a baking pan, then crack eggs into the squares.

BamaT likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My wife came home yesterday with 12-dozen of eggs. And a egg coloring kit. I like 3 eggs over easy, runny is okay. With pepper.

BamaT likes this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Scrambled, omelets, or poached hard. I don't care for a runny yoke.

As a kid we called sunny-side up a "dippy egg" because you would dip your toast into the yoke.

BamaT and HolyRollah like this.
  10. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I like soft boiled or poached eggs with buttered toast "soldiers" to dip into the yolk. I don't get my eggs that way very often so I settle for over medium with toast.
    There's something amazing in the way that runny egg yolks infused in buttered toast tastes.

Medicdad417, BamaT and HolyRollah like this.
  11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I love eggs prepared in any fashion, 'specially deviled. I make some killer deviled eggs, but not often cuz they're such a PITA.

12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I do like an over easy or a little bit runny egg on top of a hamburger once in a while... the yolk adds a really deep rich flavor.

BamaT likes this.
  13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I have a hook up for backyard fresh eggs and get them several times a year. I encourage everyone to find a similar source. Of course, it will spoil you and store bought won't do after that. Kinda like flying first class, you never want to go back to the other side of the curtain.

BamaT and Tdmsu like this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

We go through eggs so fast on our home I'm thinking of building a chicken coop! :DI buy the 5-dozen flats every couple of weeks…
    I can eat eggs pretty much any way—my preference is sunny-side up :happy005: although omelets are outstanding as well. :happy088: Deviled eggs, a good egg salad, poached eggs & smoked salmon….:eatdrink020:
    Least favorite is an overcooked hard-boiled egg with a graying center…:sick007:

I used to add raw eggs to protein drinks during my football training days….
    :football:
    Whenever he was asked how he wanted his eggs cooked, my grandfather used to always respond with, "Eggs is eggs…"—essentially meaning he didn't care how you made 'em—he wasn't particular.

Tdmsu likes this.
  15. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

Can't stand runny yolks, scrambled or fried is about the only way I like them. Love a good Huveos Rancheros.

BamaT likes this.
  16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

¡Pero yemas de huevo crudas son perfectos para los huevos rancheros perfectos!
    (runny yolks are perfect for the ideal huevos rancheros)

[​IMG]

BamaT, Tdmsu and drjenkins like this.
  17. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I prefer over easy but anyway is fine. Just don't forget the Tabasco
    [​IMG]

BamaT, Tdmsu and dscaver like this.
  18. drjenkins

More power to ya brother! My wife loves them like that too. I just can't even stomach liquid eggs.:sick007:

BamaT and HolyRollah like this.
  19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Eggs are one the main reasons I'm glad I never ventured into the food-serving industry. I've known many folks who worked as food servers at cafes and diners and the BIGGEST issue, by far, that caused dishes to be sent back and disgruntled customers was HOW the eggs were prepared! Too done, not done enough, too runny, too hard, not scrambled thoroughly, not shiny enough, not hot enough, etc, etc……..Arrrrgh!!!!

BamaT, dscaver and drjenkins like this.
  20. drjenkins

I did it on a very small scale while in High School. You gain a much different perspective on servers and cooks when you've dealt with it yourself. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with eggs.

I've seen customers at a local Mom & Pop place here lose their ever-loving mind about some eggs though. I'm talking being downright nasty about it.

BamaT likes this.