I'm a believer ...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigMark83, Aug 3, 2017.

1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

That Voskhods are the best blade IMO. I popped one in my Krona and along with Cella, more on that later, I got the closest most comfortable shave ever in my existence. Smooth is an understatement. Absolutely no burn whatsoever. I used Willow Toner from PGS, which has Apple cider vinegar, so it will burn if your technique is off. The Cella, however , while good needs my improvement. I indeed made a better lather than last time. I've not used this stuff in years, but I'm finally getting dialed in. IMO Voskhods are as sharp as Feathers and as smooth as a feather (A birds feather). Next bulk purchase is at least 200 of these. Still gotta use my Perma-Sharps however. Those might get added to the den as well, as I recall them being another excellent blade.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Glad they work for you. Enjoy your shaves.

Just remember tastes and preferences change with time and skill level.

3. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Cool. Buy 500 and enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Polock

Polock New Member

I agree! Great blades--my fav--and at p rices u can afford!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

It's great when you find a blade that works well on your face. Congratulations!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I wouldn't argue with you regarding Voskhods; I find many Russian blades give a great shave.

RaZorBurn123 and BigMark83 like this.
  7. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

We all know how hairy Russians are!
    They need a sharp blade.

8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_0892.JPG

9. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I very much like Voskhods.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Voskhods - очень хороший клинок, товарищ.

11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:signs011:

BambulanceMan likes this.
  12. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Best price for Voskies I've found from a Conus retailer is 400 for $50.00 shipped. They arrived in three days.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've found them as low as $10.66 per 100 with shipping, without looking too hard.

entropy1049 likes this.
  14. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I've got enough to last me a couple of years...an excellent blade for my '41 Ranger Tech. I'll have to try one in my Krona tonight.

BigMark83 likes this.
  15. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Voskhods are definitely not sharp as Feather. For me they tug while Feather do not tug. Also in my yarn cutting tests, Feather wins over Voskhod.

That said, before my beard became too tough for Voskhod, I enjoyed them a lot because they are smooth. Congratulations on finding a working blade!

RyX likes this.
  16. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

I do admittedly pay a little more for the peace of mind of ordering from a Brick and Mortar...

17. BigMark83

The reason might be that I shave my head. So seeing that it's finer hair than facial hair that makes sense. I tried and wanted to like Feathers, but even with good prep I got too many weepers and nicks and the aftershave sting !

18. BigMark83

I know. A year or two ago my favs were Red IP, then Dorco 301 and Prime, now it's these. I just wish I'd have tried these earlier.

PanChango likes this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I won't be buying more.
    More for you guys! :)

20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I too like Voskhod but I also like a number of other Russian blades. My current inventory is shown below - about 1400 blades. Close smooth shaves from all of them however I would say the Polsilver SI blades are probably the best of the lot. My opinion. Russian Blades.jpg

jimjo1031 likes this.