I'm learning

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Happy janitor, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Happy janitor

Happy janitor Active Member

third shave was by far, my best. Not quite bbs, but pretty darn close. I'm heeding as much of the advice I've been given and read. Not chasing the bbs, just concentrating on technique and proper lather. I read a review about the WCS soap i bought that said it was a thirsty soap, so I've been playing with how much water. Today the soap wasnt performing as i wanted. Mid shave, i twirled my brush into the soap again with almost only the water that was in the brush. Whoop there it was. The exact texture and slickness I've been looking for. No razor burn on my neck, no nicks, one touch up spot after 3 passes. A nice cold water rinse, a splash of dunshire, wow, I'm really enjoying shaving like this. The AS felt great. Nice short burn, then a warm tingly feeling. Shave on!!!!
    P.S. The razor is feeling more comfortable in my hand as I maneuver around the tougher angles.

KenH, Herm2502, Primotenore and 7 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Congrats on great progress! Come and join us on the 30 Day Rule and Focus Thread. Fun times and lots of feedback about your shaving adventures. I started in there as a newbie and learned stuff really fast.

Keithmax, RyX, sdguero and 3 others like this.
  3. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

It's all about the journey.
    Perry @PLAla is right though. There is no better place to work on technique than over at the 30DC.

Remember when you thought shaving was a chore?

Keithmax, RyX, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

You are doing great! Enjoy the ride...........

Happy janitor likes this.
  5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Chase excellence, not perfection.

Great job!

6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Great! Progress!

Happy janitor likes this.
  7. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

I can identify with your experience. I was a wet shaver using a DE razor over 50 years ago. Migrated into a cartridge razor and aerosol creams. Just went back to Des and shave soap (Barrister & Mann Seville). Not like riding a bike. I was so used to zip-zlop fast shaves (not so close but fast)! Definitely found that this "Old Dog" can learn new tricks. Life is short - enjoy the simple things in life like a good close shave.

Keithmax and Happy janitor like this.
  8. TlawYensid

TlawYensid New Member

Every day I learn something new. And I’ve been wet shaving for 10 years, it’s all part of the fun. I cringe when I think about shaving with a cartridge. Enjoy the ride my friend

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: You're the one that has to wear that shave; if you're happy with the shave then you satisfied the toughest critic. :happy108:

wchnu likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is my favorite quote for the week...maybe the whole month.

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are enjoying the DE shaving, you brought back some memorys of myself learnig DE shaving and it is enjoyable as time goes along.