I'm Seeing Red...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

...but it's a good thing! I just wanted to toss out some "before and after" pics of my new acquisition -- an A2 Gillette Red Tip. I get really jazzed when a rough-looking razor comes back to life after a thorough cleaning. Okay, enough chatter, time to let the pictures do the talking! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

There is a tad of brassing around PAT OFF, but otherwise, this cleaned up beautifully. A pretty good buy for $17.50 shipped, I think! :happy108

2. Pokerstar

Pokerstar New Member

Wow, quite the transformation! How did you clean it? Looks great.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

For the razor, I boiled it, soaked it in undiluted Simple Green, scrubbed it with a toothbrush and dishwashing soap, and then polished it a couple of times with MAAS. For the case, I soaked it in warm sudsy water, scrubbed it with a toothbrush, and used some toothpaste to polish the lid.

4. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Nice restoration, Rick!

5. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Well done Rick! BTW what is MAAS?

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Nice and shiny :)

7. freemartin

freemartin Afficianado of "cans"

Nice job, as a red tip is my choice razor right now. (I did pay a little less for it, but have done little more than bleaching it.) I am overall, simply into the spring loaded case.

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

See Here!

9. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Very nice clean up! The Red Tip is an excellent shaver!

10. DMS

DMS New Member

Nothing like some Red Tip goodness, this one really came back to life. I like these very much.

11. timidlight

timidlight New Member

Very nice, i like seing the restorations you do and the before and after pictures.

12. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

this is how you do it definitly, I destoryed a perfect fatboy case by dipping it in the same water as my fatboy was boiling ..in , uh yes boiling water.. and plastic WHAT WAS I THINKING ! obvious nothing.. mega warped plastic .

13. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Thanks Bronco!