I'm waiting for these...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dangermouse, Dec 15, 2016.

1. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

All for £18! I know! I can't wait to try the Slim Twist, even if the handle looks a bit odd. I believe next in line is a Wilkinson's Sword razor and then there is a Fatboy! Oh, I can't wait to clean it up and shave with it. Maybe it will have a red dot! I'm excited.

Perhaps best of all though is the Revlon.. No, no it's not ;) Best of all is the Rolls Razor and I believe there was a post some while back about restoring a Rolls. So that is going to be my little Christmas project. I'm a dubious about that weird looking brush; I don't know what the super tall container is and I don't know what the little item is next to the after shave. Ideas are welcome. All in all folks I am really pleased, it will be delivered tomorrow, I hope it is all as good as it looks.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I was given a Twist like the one pictured above by @Kypros Christodoulides and it's slightly heavier than the blue handle versions. I get great shaves with it using Lab Blue and Voskhod blades.

Carbide Mike and dangermouse like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

The thing next to the aftershave is a wooden block use to hold the blades for the WS Empire:
    [​IMG]

The long tube is to hold the brush, the holes in the top are so that moisture can escape.

And here is the thread for the rolls razor:
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...thread-for-the-rolls-razor.22371/#post-392226

Nice score! Enjoy!

4. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

It's possible the long tube is for more than just holding the brush. I have a long tube that unscrews to become a complete shaving kit: the hollow base of the brush holds a stick of shaving soap, and a small top section of tubing contains a four piece travel razor.

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I love the Wilkinson Sword Empire Razors. Great to look at, and easy to use. I believe it's one of the first truely adjustable safety razors made.

Carbide Mike and dangermouse like this.
  6. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great deal. Have you used an adjustable razor before? For me, it was everything I had hoped for. I take advantage of the different settings almost every shave and I like being able to dial in on the perfect level of aggression depending on how close of a shave I need or the length of time sine my last shave.

Carbide Mike, RyX and dangermouse like this.
  7. dangermouse

Carbide Mike likes this.
  8. dangermouse

Yes, I was lucky enough to be gifted my Uncles Slim however I am very much looking forward to comparing my Slim shave with the Fatboy. It'll be interesting.

Carbide Mike, RyX and Demidog like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Very nice pick up. Enjoy the shaves.:eatdrink047:

Carbide Mike, dangermouse and Demidog like this.
  10. dangermouse

Linuxguile and Carbide Mike like this.
  11. dangermouse

Oh, I see. I've just worked that out. It's the lid! Goodness me, I need a rest now :)

12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Congrats on the score. I've been eyeballing those travel brushes for some time.