In praise of Stirling Soaps...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Razor Blade X, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

There are so many great stirling soaps that it's hard to choose the best. I recommend having a couple fir each season. I like margaritas in the artic and iced pineapple for the summer. Executive man and sharp dressed man are good year round.

ezlovan and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

This is what stirlng soaps says about it: "We set out to create a fall scent and ended up with what may stay with us all year long. Step into the great outdoors and breathe in deeply. A blend of Cedarwood, Lavender, Bergamot, Balsam, Lichen, Musk, Black Pepper, Sage, and Cade. (Essential/Fragrance Oil Blend)"

I have the aftershave only, so I can't speak to the soap. The AS smells great. I could see it as an all year scent, but the fall and winter seem like the best fit. It is spicy and woodsy. It reminds me of walking through the Alaskan woods. It treats and tones the skin well after a shave very well. The scent does linger, so it will clash with cologne.

Great scent, great buy. If your unsure, get a sample pack...4 aftershaves for $10.

Paul Turner and ezlovan like this.
  3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I love it, but I find it to be a better fit for fall and winter. I use it all year long, but it has a fallish scent for me. I lived in Asheville, NC for a few years, and this soap and AS is like walking in the woods there after a rain shower. It has a wet, woody scent, with tons of Cedar. I get some of the Cade as well. Too me, there is a little Vanilla buried in there, but that is probably some of the woody scents. I get some black pepper to add a little spice to it.

Paul Turner and ezlovan like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Would you say Barbershop is a year-rounder, too?

ezlovan likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

I'm going to begin with bath bars(that before moving to shave pucks).

ezlovan likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

if that ain't a "hat trick" I don't know what is :)

whiteboy_cannon, ezlovan and Bobcat like this.
  7. Straight razor dandy

I believe it is. Of course, I live in Texas, where it is 100+ degrees everyday in summer, so during the hottest months I almost strictly go with mentholated soaps/aftershaves.

8. Straight razor dandy

Stirling seems to be the best bang for the buck for most people when it comes to mentholated summer shave soaps. I really like several of their menthol scents. Margaritas in the artic, iced pineapple, eskimo tuxedo, lemon chill...and even though it isn't technically menthol...their gin and tonic is quite nice and cool.

ezlovan, Robyflexx and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Hank

Hank Active Member

Thank you fellas I love the fall and I used to live in Gatlinburg

Paul Turner, ezlovan and Robyflexx like this.
  10. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I think we're going to do a Gin & Tonic on the rocks next spring, so that will be taken care of! :)

11. Straight razor dandy

Yesssssss!!!!

;)

12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I'm in on that! :happy036:

ezlovan likes this.
  13. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

I don't have the soap, but an AS sample of it. It's smells like the inside of a cabin in Gatlinburg. To my untrained nose, it smells cedar boards mixed, with wet leaves, and disturbed, wet earth. The cedar being the base.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Wish Rod would bring back Lemon-Orange and glacialize it. That would just about be my dream soap.

ezlovan and Robyflexx like this.
  15. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

That would be a huge winner. Sign me up!

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Robyflexx

I love that idea Jared! :happy036:

crackstar likes this.
  17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Can anybody here imagine a glacialized Barbershop shaving soap? lolllll

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

let me say this: YEEOOOWW.

19. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I can do that. I'm making Lemon chill today, so it's just a matter of adding some orange essential oil to a jar while it is still in liquid form. :) It would have a Lemon Chill label as I don't have any Lemony Orange labels anymore, but I don't think that would be a major issue.

Barbershop is in the same league as the Executive Man. Glacializing it will affect the light fragrance in the jar. I might go ahead and do it when I do the Executive Man though. Just depends on being able to find the time.

KLF, Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Robyflexx

:happy036: