India Old Spice Shave Cream in my old mug?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Okay,

Back on this topic. I tried it out on Feb 11th, with a short soak of the soap while I brushed my teeth, it lathered extremely well and performed like a cream. It was a successful test. I gave it another week before writing about this. The soap is still very pliable and looks like soft taffy. I really enjoyed the shave I got from it, so, for the record, yes, you can easily squeeze a tube of Indian Old Spice Shave Cream into an old Shulton mug and wait a few weeks to dry it out and it will lather and shave beautifully. Whether or not it will save soap on a per-use basis, I can't tell. I suppose it would depend on if you soaked the soap and how much loading time you give the brush. I'm very happy with the results and will repeat this again when this soap is used up.

I will try to remember to take a picture of the lather the next time I go with this shave set. It's good feeling lather. Works good. I still think the original Shulton soap has better protection, but this stuff is still able to provide a perfect shave. Gets it done well enough.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    jeraldgordon, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Excellent! Bravo! I like it!