Ingrowing hair

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Flatfish, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Don't mind JayKay he comes across a bit rough, but he's really a warm and fuzzy puppy at heart. ;)

2. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I didnt think the post was rough at all.. He was pointing out the fact that some of AOS's stuff is overpriced which I am in agreement with

3. Queen of Blades

I had a feeling you didn't find it rough. If it was directed at me though, I would have found it a bit rough, but I'm a girl. :o

AOS definetly has some over-priced products.

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Woahhhhhh. I dont think it was rough. Heck, I wasn't even saying that AOS products are over priced. If it gets the job done the way its supposed to, than its not over priced. I mean it also comes with a brush and a bunch of shaving stuff. What I'm saying is why bother spending all that money when you can use Clearasil (5$?) and your girlfriends tweezers.

The clubman? whats that?

CyanideMetal likes this.
  5. JayKay

as in pinauld? or as in i'll go after with a club for your coconut GFT tub?

6. Queen of Blades

:happy097

7. JayKay

jokes aside, I dont get it... :think002

8. Queen of Blades

You'd have to ask Mottern Man.
    Pretty much all the automatic titles came from him.

Personally I see you as much more of a Badger Strangler.

And for some reason, one of these commercials reminded me of you last night.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQLTxvDkk4

9. JayKay

Oh my. But I had a custom title last week. and earlier today. Or maybe sir post a lot wasnt a custom title. Wheressss my custom title!!!! And the baby commercials rock. Especially the one with the clown.

10. Queen of Blades

No, Sir Post A Lot isn't a CT.

Patience........

11. JayKay

Boooooooooo :signs131

12. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I know I'm replying to an old post, but I'mnew to this forum and have been reading up on the topics. Sometimes I get a problem razor burn spot on my lower right neck. I've found that skipping a couple days actually brings on the ingrown hairs, so shaving everyday is a prevention method.

13. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I have suffered this problem many a time. My solution is this. If you want to prevent them form happening DO NOT shave against the grain. The reason Black Men and even some White guys (Myself included) suffer from ingrown hairs is because the hair is curly. The Hair, When cut against the grain will curl underneath the skin and get infected. The reason being is that when you go against the Grain you slightly lift the hair from the skin , which is why as I am sure you already know, Is the reason as to why the shave is so smooth. If you have an ingrown hair do not try to pop it. I have used Clearasil , which although is manufactured for pimples can help. You might also be able to use a product with Salyclic Acid. If you have sensitive skin I recommend sticking to Clearasil or anything with Benzoyl Peroxide, as Salycilic acid can cause irritation.

JRod22 likes this.
  14. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    what, no pics? (WARNING: you probably don't want to do the whole image search on "ingrown hair" <shudder>)

[​IMG]

15. 59Bassman

59Bassman Member

For some reason, the tweezers on my Victorinox Swiss Army knife have been the best for pulling these hairs (which normally come out easily if you can get a hold of them). I also use Anthony Logistics Shaveworks Cool Fix and it works very well.