Ingrown hairs and nasty bumps on back of neck and head

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by jpkapfhammer, Jul 10, 2016.

1. jpkapfhammer

jpkapfhammer New Member

I usually always shave in the shower with a disposable or mach 3. Sometimes a safety razor (ambroley) but i haven't gotten the hang of it and she shower usually is red when im done. exaggerating a little there. Ok I will scrub the back of my neck and head before then shave it with either soap or prorasso soap lately. I get a lot of ingrown hairs and bumps on my neck. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. Brimy623

Brimy623 New Member

Aulm!

I would get ingrown hairs under my chin on the neck & cheeks. Since using alum I haven't gotten any.

Matt0210 likes this.
  3. jpkapfhammer

jpkapfhammer New Member

I'll have to look that up. I usually use a caffeine cream i got at target or green tea lotions afterwards.

4. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert headshaver with a DE but have learned a lot along the way. I use the same products on my head as my face. Arko soap, Witch Hazel, and then Aqua Velva. I can honestly say that since switching from the Alum block to Witch Hazel it has made irritation literally a thing of the past for me. I still use the Alum if I get weepers or a big cut but other than that I exclusively use the Witch Hazel. I just buy the cheap stuff at WallyWorld for a couple of bucks. Smells like an old gym sock but it works.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016