Injector Blades - Which are the Sharpest?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jeraldgordon, Mar 3, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Injector blades last a long time. Which model did you pick up?

Edison Carter likes this.
  2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I got an I1. Inexpensive enough. I think I recall someone saying SE's were a path to straights. I wanted to expand my horizon a little so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Very mild comfortable shave. I never would have used an electric had I found this earlier in life. I want to work on my technique with it more to see where it goes.

I do like the more rigid feel over a DE, but have not yet found shaves quite as close. I don't push for max life on DE blades, but injectors do cost a little more. I have not used it enough to develop my own opinion, figured I'd ask.
    Thanks.

Screwtape, jeraldgordon and PLAla like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sounds like you have it under control. With that razor a little practice will bring great shaves.

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks for the plug, Perry!
    I got those out in the mail this morning Jerald!

jeraldgordon, Edison Carter and PLAla like this.
  5. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I received my pack from @Linuxguile - now I need to give a couple to my father for his leatherworking tools.

PLAla and Linuxguile like this.
  6. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Oh! Question. When the Schick Proline’s arrive, how do I load them into an injector with a key???

Linuxguile likes this.
  7. jeraldgordon

Oh, just found the answer on the Jayaruh Shaving website! Thanks brother!

Screwtape, wchnu and Linuxguile like this.
  8. jeraldgordon

Well, I've been using the Chick's, Personna's, and Schick Proline from Japan for several days now. Here are my thoughts:

1. I am consistently getting the closest shaves of my life this month.
    2. The Chicks perform admirably, but remain uncomfortable and rough. Me no likey.
    3. The Personna is a fine blade - sharp enough, and quite smooth. I would be very happy with this blade going forward.
    4. The Schick Proline is the cats meow! It is smooth, sharp and comfortable.
    I am very happy with this little experiment, and for the first time ever injectors have become a part of my normal rotation! So much so, that I have spent a small fortune this month on injector razors - including a very beautiful piece of Unobtanium! (Look for the specifics on this new razor in a new post).

Thanks to everyone for advice and input. Greatly appreciated.

9. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the Schicks Proline P20 but I use the P30's in my RR Hawk and they are great blades. As far as goes Injector blades I only use the Personna, way cheaper than the Chicks, smoother and sharper and dare I say longer lasting.... Almost all Personna blades are over all good quality with the Gem PTFE's on top, 2nd Injector PTFE and 3rd the Israeli red's. The other products are also good but these 3 for me are the top 3

jeraldgordon likes this.