Injector Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dapper-in-a-can-man, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I am contemplating personna blades, but will feather artist clubs work?

2. Uncle Brian

Uncle Brian Active Member

I think they fit if you are prepared to cut them down which could be tricky. I got some Personnas from Connaught Shaving in England and they work ok. I have read that the best ones are the New Old Stock ones that Schick made many year ago.

3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

For me the Personna blades are decent, but the dispensers are totally worthless pieces of crap. I much, much, much prefer the Chinese made Schicks.

4. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

They still make Schick injector blades?

5. HoosierTrooper

Yep, they never stopped.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Smooth, long-lasting shaves.

HoosierTrooper likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

^this. Tho I still have a bunch of Personna blades to use up.

The Feather Artist blades are too long unless you (carefully) cut them.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

I'll give the Chinese Schicks a go one of these days, but honestly the Personnas are lasting me so long (and they came 20 to a cartridge), that it'll be a while before I'm needing any more injector blades! :p

And in the meantime the Personna blades are plenty smooth & plenty sharp.

9. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Those Chinese Schick injector blades are ridiculously sharp and smooth. They feel sharper and smoother than Feathers to me. The only drawback to them is the price. About the cheapest I've found them is $5 for 7 blades at drugstore.com.

I have a small stockpile of NOS Personna Platinum Chromes and I like them pretty well too but like Tom said, the dispensers are terrible. I haven't tried the PTFE coated Personnas but they were cheap at Connaughtshaving.com the last time I looked.

Feather artist clubs are longer than injector blades but some guys have cut off the extra length to make them work.

John Beeman likes this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The McGuire/Dix Exchange restocked their Exchange brand of injector blades - just an FYI for the military folks.

feeltheburn likes this.
  11. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Are they the same Platinum Chromes they used to be? The Nellis BX quit seemed to have quit stocking them a while back but I haven't been in there in a little while. Those are good blades and cheap compared to Schicks.

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup - platinum chrome

13. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I've been using the Schick blades. Not sure if they are the Chinese ones or not. But I just picked up some of the personna's to try because my grandfather was asking for more injector blades and I sent him the rest of my schicks and a personna. I'll let you guys no if I feel a difference.

14. HoosierTrooper

They usually end up like the one pictured below, and what makes it even more fun is that all of the blades can fall out depending on how you're holding it when it lets go. I had quite a few from a group buy at B&B a few years ago and I just transplant the blades into a Schick dispenser and toss the Personna into the trash.

[​IMG]

John Beeman likes this.
  15. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yep. One of the drugstores here, Walgreens or RiteAid actually carries them, too. So look locally just in case, you never know. I buy my GEM SE's at a chain grocery store, same ones people buy from Connaught.

16. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

How do you transplant them into the schick dispenser. I have some I need to, but don't know how to get them in there.

17. KnockOut Shave

Your gonna love the injector man. They are my favs! I got 2 injectors and 2 repeaters.

18. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Here's a summary of how I do it:
    1. Move the slider over to the "push out" side of the case
    2. Use something to depress the spring inside the slider case.
    3. While holding spring down, slide new blade into case. You will have to move the slider back all the way to the other side.
    4. Press down blade + spring, moving slider back over to "push out" side just a bit.
    5. Repeat.

19. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    ALSO... I just scored some NOS Gillette Platinum Plus Injector Blades, still in package. It was an impulse. I hope I like them!

KnockOut Shave likes this.
  20. KnockOut Shave

Jealous! And what do you use to depress the spring and/or blades?