Injector Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dapper-in-a-can-man, Aug 2, 2014.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Guys. After I cleaned up the injectors, I put a blade in each one. With the M I used the new blades, And it slid right in. The J1 I used the blades it came with, much harder to slide in. It took me a little twisting and pressure. Could the issue be the old blades? Any and all input would be helpful.
    Kerry

KnockOut Shave likes this.
  2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Did they already have blades in them? They seem to go in much easier if there's a blade in there already. Could be your old dispenser was tweaked a little I guess. And if you're putting a blade in a razor that doesn't have one already try to keep the new one from scraping on the blade stops. That'll ruin the edge.

KnockOut Shave and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

No blade in the J1 which was difficult, blade in the M adjustable very easy. Sounds like you solved the issue. Thanks @feeltheburn

feeltheburn and KnockOut Shave like this.
  4. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Man your full board on the injector train! I got one a few months back too. Need to clean it up though.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

Clean what up?

6. RaZorBurn123

I used scrubbing bubbles on both. They both have been in a dish soap bath, and went for a rubbing alcohol dip. Explain the cleaning up though?

7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Kerry,

When the injectors were sold brand new, there was usually a cardboard piece in the razor, to make it easier to put a fresh blade in it. It could be that your razor is stiff and needs to get used to having a blade in it.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

I gotcha you need to clean it up. What did you get? I won't ever be able to use a straight razor, I have shaky hands

9. RaZorBurn123

Thanks Ryan. It was marketed as NOS. I'll use it soon just to burn a blade through. I don't foresee any issues. With the M adjustable, whats a good starting number? I was thinking 5.

10. Ryan B

That I don't know. My injector is an I2 model and non adjustable. Maybe start kind of low and click it up each shave until it gets to be too much.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. KnockOut Shave

Just what you stated. I guess I should have said sterilized. It's something I purchased off the bay a while ago and never sterilized for use. Just been a little busy :) but mine isn't in nearly the good shape yours is.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. KnockOut Shave

Got my Chinese Schick blades in today! Can't wait to give them a go tomorrow morning before church.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. KnockOut Shave

Ok here's the full lot[​IMG]

maltedmilk and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. Ryan B

I got some Injector blades from the PX on Mac Dill AFB here in Tampa. I think they are Personna ones. They work pretty well too. 11 come in the pack. I've been using them for the past couple shaves.

15. KnockOut Shave

A friend recently sent me some too and they were ok. The first shave was good but the others weren't as good.

16. Ryan B

I'm on shave number two, hopefully I get better results.

I was out if the Injector game for awhile because the Chinese Schicks tore me up.

17. KnockOut Shave

Were they too sharp?