Injector Fans Asleep At The Wheel?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, May 10, 2009.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

How does the most upscale (and possibly rarest) Schick Injector go completely by the board with no takers? My excuse is that my damn internet service was down this morning. :mad:

2. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

What do these go for?

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Well, they don'y come up that often, but the few that I have seen hit the $40-$50 range.

HOWEVER, that's not the point. The point is that these were only made for the 1946 Christmas season, so they are somewhat rare. Plus, Schick was more into producing "budget-friendly" razors, and did not make a lot of high-end sets like Gillette. This is an exception with its gold filled handle, and it's the only gold filled razor that I know of. Check out the original price. That would be the equivalent of about $110 dollars today when adjusted for inflation, so they weren't giving them away.

[​IMG]

4. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Good to know. I happened to score one about a month ago with the instructions included. I had no idea it was that rare/uncommon.

5. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

What happened to the photo:rolleyes:

6. magic

magic New Member

These are not that rare. I see them on eBay all the time. I bought a 1939 Injector for around $12 including shipping and its in excellent condition and it shaves great. That was several months ago.

7. Tommy C

Tommy C New Member

Where do you guys buy blades for these Injectors ?

8. Tommy C

Tommy C New Member

WOW The better shave like 3 Slants if they cost that much ! :happy102

9. riffin

riffin Active Member

Here's one with $24.50 BIN...

10. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Not so great condition and not a set though.