Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Sorry, when it comes to SE's I'm all like:happy108:and :happy093:and :love055:

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Atta boy Tom!!! That is the way SE's were designed to make us feel.....And they make me all warm, fuzzy and giddy too....ha,ha....GEM & EverReady define "quality of life" with an edge....;D

3. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Used my new-to-me G6 this morning. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I clipped the right-hand side of the notch that's at the end of the spring so I can pivot the it the same as on my E2. It was pretty easy to lift the spring up and over the notch on the floating guard with a pair of needlenose pliers, then just a pair of dykes to clip the notch. Works great! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I checked my tracking. My Clog Pruf is sitting at the PO Box! Delaying my shave to clean and use this new bad-boy.

5. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    What is this notch clipping of which you speak? I don't understand from your photos, but may want my notches clipped, too!
    Tell Morbo your secrets, puny notch-clipping human!
    morbo.jpg

... thanks! ;)

6. maltedmilk

Article Team
    OK, I think I see what you clipped. You cut off the spring's tabs that created the notch (which fit over the center bump), right?

So... what does that do for you?

Thanks a lot!

7. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link. I just ordered an assortment.

8. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link. I just ordered an assortment.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

No worries. The owner seems like a great guy and have some really neat DE blades as well.

10. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Well the picture quality isn't the greatest, that's for sure! But I think you've got it, yes. The notch in the spring end is what "fixes" the spring in one position. Clip the right side of the notch and you can pivot the spring to the left, like the earlier E2 Schicks. (those had spring stops of a slightly different design, but the pivot worked in the same way)

I like the idea of being able to flip the blade guard/plate down and rinse out behind it when I'm done shaving; and you don't need a key to load a blade, though you can still use the key if you like.

Here's a slightly better pic showing the end of the spring with the right side tab clipped off. It doesn't matter which way you want the spring to pivot though as it can turn either way - you just need to leave one of the tabs in place to act as a stop.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    maltedmilk likes this.
  11. HoosierTrooper

I love the clear handles like that one, Chris. I have an E that a previous owner bent, I'm guessing with a pair of needle nose pliers, so that the frame would open up like that.

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. maltedmilk

Article Team
    Today was my first ever Damaskeene shave. I didn't know an SE could be so mild! I had some difficulty getting the usual trouble spots and was worried about the whole "too many passes with a mild razor can lead to burn" thing, so I finished off with an injector.
    (On a bright note, taking the Damaskeene uphill on the lip was quite easy and very smooth! I can usually find one or two minuscule whiskers somewhere, but today may have set a personal record.)

For no good reason, I do not want to regularly switch razors during a shave. However, the Damaskeene followed by a Schick type G produced an outstanding BBS!
    <sigh>
    I could see this leading to a SOTD post listing different razors for first pass, second pass, and touchup. The combinations are daunting. The record keeping is impossible. I SAY NO!

<ahem>

Tom, got any special Damaskeene tips for getting those little shavers hiding in the trouble spots?

13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I just spent all week wearing out a Gem stainless in a Featherweight. I need to use these more often. Damn fine shavers.

14. HoosierTrooper

I picked up this E1 up recently for $9, and it is in near mint condition. There was an old blade, the kind with no slots, that wasn't even rusted, still in the razor which leads me to believe this one never had any water on it.

Something I found interesting is that it has MADE IN U.S.A. stamped around the spring assembly. I looked at my other E and G types and none of them has that. Anyone else ever seen that?

I've used it a couple times, but this one may become more of a show horse rather than a work horse just to preserve the condition it's in.

Sorry my photographic skills aren't that great but here's a couple pictures. I didn't clean or polish it before I took these, this is how it looked when I got it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

My E-type has that.

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is a nice looking razor. I just looked at mine and it does not have the USA stamp on it.

17. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

[​IMG]

I had my first injector shave in about two years yesterday. It was decent. Maybe I'll have a more successful go this time around.

18. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

[​IMG]

I had my first injector shave in about two years yesterday. It was decent. Maybe I'll have a more successful go this time around.

19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My first Schick injector was the J1. A super shaver!

20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm on the injector :transport022: I have a J1. A Schick adjustable M. And on it's way a Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.