Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Ouch!:angry017::signs131:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks Tom. Here's a question for you. Did the G models have a movable spring for cleaning? I saw one on eBay that said it was a G and it had the spring moved and the head open. I have an E2 where the spring moves.

4. HoosierTrooper

No, Schick did away with that feature with the later E types. However, with some prying and twisting some G types will open, it's just not really good for them because it can affect the springs ability to keep things clamped down tight.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I just bought another Schick! This time a M26. I really enjoy my shaves with injectors.

dscaver and Jayaruh like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Last night I snagged me a G-bar and some Don Juan blades on the bay. They should arrive Saturday. It looks great.
    g-bar02.JPG

7. RaZorBurn123

I get great shaves from my G-Bar. Nice looking G.

Jayaruh likes this.
  8. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

uploadfromtaptalk1408579452329.jpg

Edit - Just cleaned it up too, some of the tarnish came off it's not flawless but much better than what I've seen on eBay lately. I suspect this was a not well stored NOS razor, actually. The blade dispenser is FULL of sharp, sexy looking NOS blades and it still had the carbon steel dummy blade in it.

I don't care about waiting anymore I'm gonna try one of these NOS blades in the pack and give it a quick whirl. Just a tiny bit of flea biting underneath the lever but I love it already.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Wow, nice.

10. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I like my G-Bar quite a bit! I think I need to get some of those Don Juan blades. I think that's what I need to step up my game.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

Goodness.. I likey!

12. RaZorBurn123

I like an aggressive razor, other then my M adjustable, what is the most aggressive injector razor? I have a type G, J and M.

13. HoosierTrooper

Most injector nuts, myself included, believe the E is the most followed closely by the G types. I can't tell much difference between most E and a G types and tend to believe a lot of the difference is in slightly varying manufacturing tolerances and equipment and varying degrees of wear and tear on individual razors.

RaZorBurn123 and GDCarrington like this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

To me the E type is the most aggressive.

Time wise it would also make since because the competition Gillette was making the New which was more aggressive than the original Old Series.

During the mid 1930s people were more than likely looking for more aggressive razors to make the blades "work" longer by getting an extra shave or two out of them, or so they may have thought.

After the Second World War it seemed that milder razors were in vogue maybe due to the willingness to consume more during that time than in earlier times.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Dude I payed 5 bux for a Flare Tip SS with a case at a tag sale. Sure it had plating loss but I mailed it to Nick @ Sport Shaving as I knew it was fine otherwise. Sometimes you get lucky and other times you don't so the next time you see a deal just be careful but do not necessarily pass it up.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That one in my opinion was the best of the three main injectors ASR made (better than the early PAL model and the later PAL Adjustable based on that chassis). Shaves smooth and clean.

Here are a couple of ones I have.

[​IMG]
    They still look modern even after 50 years!​

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

I actually think it's a bait and switch. I'm out $10.

19. RaZorBurn123

Thank you Gary. I'll use it tomorrow, I needed some good news after my other injector buy. This razor has a nice feel to it.

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Friday. Last day of mail this week. No package from Connaught :( They sent it out within 24 hours and of course Canada Post has to bugger it up somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.