Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I think the NOS 74s are best..then NOS Schick Platinum Plus....Then the Chinese Schicks.... Then the Pella, EMS/ Personnas.....Even though these Personnas are at the bottom of the whisker eating chain they are still much much better than the best DE blades I've tried....YMMV...};^)

dscaver likes this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Not this time my friend, you are correct. That was my mistake. That razor is a Schick Injector Type N which was produced between 1980 - 1998.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

More of the F type Schick for 30 September 2014 ...

[​IMG]

fram773, Jayaruh, dscaver and 6 others like this.
  4. Bird Lives

Love it !!!!
    First, the F type is unique...I've never had one, but I and I believe most Schick lovers are crazy for them....Then to put it in this surrealistic animated musical composition.....This is some serious creativity gone wild....I Love It!
    Looks like a scene from the lost "Betty Boop Meets Col. Schick Episode"...};^)

This one should be the cover of a coffee table book on TWS....You deserve an Oscar for this one....

5. Boojum1

Tuesday, SEptember 30, 2014

Last shave of Single Edge SEptember. I've found the Schick Injectors to be excellent shavers. I am especially fond of the Type I. The plan from now on will be: Single Edge Sundays. :happy036:

S.O.T.D.

Warm Shower - Neutrogena Face Wash
    Schick Injector I-1
    Schick Blade
    Omega Pro Boar 10098
    Barrister and Mann Soap - Cheshire
    Alum
    Witch Hazel+
    Gold Bond Green Lotion
    Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
    Barrister and Mann Kyovu - Cheshire

IMG_0963.JPG

6. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I figured this would be a good thread to verify what these single edge razors are. I am developing into pretty much a straight razor only shaver, and these are going to end up being PIF'd. I just want to make sure that I am describing them correctly. Watch for a thread in the freebies section. For now I'm keeping the cased Damaskene with Damaskene marked blade holder, and the Valet Autostrops, but they may end up going some day.
    [​IMG]
    Star 1912, labeled Star on the Back and Star Made in USA on the inside, pat 1912 around the top of the handle.
    [​IMG]
    GEM 1912, GEM Brooklyn New York, Made in USA on the inside, pat 1912 around the top of the handle. I don't know if the handle is original.
    [​IMG]
    Ever-Ready 1912, Ever-Ready Made in USA on the inside, very faint 1912 around top of handle.
    [​IMG]
    GEM MM Bullet Tip, Solid Guard Bar, GEM Micromatic Made in USA inside.

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. BJV

BJV Active Member

Got this Schick Injector I-2 (along with an E-I) yesterday, cleaned it up and put in a NOS Personna Super Stainless. Both razors for $10!

My first couple of passes left me disappointed, since the I-2 felt milder than my Gillette Tech, and I envisioned having to do a second and even a third lathering to get a satisfactory result (nothing less than BBS). After one pass--plus a little cleaning up of edges around the chin--I couldn't believe it! Virtually zero skin irritation and one of the smoothest and trouble-free shaves of my life.

Schick I-2.jpg

Type I, where have you been all my life?

fram773, Jayaruh, Bristle Me and 5 others like this.
  8. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Welcome to the Sharp Side!

fram773 and Boojum1 like this.
  9. Boojum1

SOTD ~ Single Edge Sunday, October 5, 2014

Prep: Warm/Cooling Shower - Neutrogena Face Wash
    Razor: Schick Injector I-2
    Blade: Schick
    Brush: Omega Boar 10098
    Lather: Barrister and Mann - Lime, Lavender, and Cedarwood
    Post: Alum block, Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
    Burberry Cologne

IMG_1001.JPG

10. Bird Lives

That does it! I was going to join in on the Open Comb thing tonight, but after the previous posts......I need some I2 loving.....My hydro-magic is my 'Highlander' razor after all.....(if there could be only one)....

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I am injector ignorant but a buddy at work handed me this today. [​IMG][​IMG]

After a little attention it cleaned up pretty well. The only thing I know for sure is it's a Schick, and it was free, and I'm using it tomorrow morning.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Boojum1

IMHO it looks like a Schick Injector I-1. Like Bob Cummings said, "I think you're like this one" ;)

HoosierTrooper likes this.
  13. Bird Lives

Be sure and fill us in on the maiden voyage......what kind of blades do you have for it?

Boojum1 likes this.
  14. HoosierTrooper

The I types are outstanding, I learned to shave with one just like that back in 1971 , it was a hand me down from my dad . One thing to keep in mind, when you load a blade into an empty injector keep an eye on the edge that it doesn't drag across the blade stops.

15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Well, I did it. Loaded a ChinaSchick and went to town this morning using this new to me I type. Enjoyed it. I can see this added to the rotation for sure. I have a few Gs from various lots purchases on eBay and I have used one a few times, but the I performed a lot better for me. I chased the baby with three passes and ended up with a RDFS, minimal blood loss, and zero irritation. It's a keeper. Cheers and good mornin to ya.

16. Bird Lives

Me too! Wow, like de javu, only I made the same scene with my Pop's I2 about 4or 5 years earlier...I just realized you're a youngster....You are so wise in the ways of the sharp side...I never figured you to be sooo young....Either that or I'm sooo....nah!.....you a kid...};^)

GDCarrington and HoosierTrooper like this.
  17. HoosierTrooper

I wish!

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

And day 2 was as nice as the first. I like this I type.

GDCarrington and HoosierTrooper like this.
  19. Boojum1

S.O.T.D. ~ Thursday, October 16, 2014

Prep: Warm/Cold Shower
    Razor: Schick Dial Adjustable @ 5
    Blade: Schick
    Brush: B&B Omega Essential Boar - Gold Leaves Handle
    Lather: Mike's Natural Soaps - Barbershop
    Aftershave: Proraso Aftershave Lotion
    Cologne: Burberry

IMG_1099.JPG :love055: my Schick Adjustable Razor.

20. Bird Lives

You know....this really is state-of-the-art, if you ask me.....Its got the romantic TWS thing happening too.... But that M-type is more modern than anything made now.....Go figure!

Boojum1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.