Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

So the 'barber' injector blades are good? In terms of price and quantity, that is about where I want to be, at least until the experimental phase is over, and I have the favorite injectors isolated from the pack. At that point I will start trying different blades, but for now, I just want a baseline to judge the razors themselves. Though on reflection, I guess the early injectors do open up, so a common blade could be moved around... probably still easier just to load them all up.

Bird Lives likes this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I agree with my SE Master Tom 100%....I definitely feel a difference between the Convex/concave cover plate and the wedge cover plate styles....and I definitely feel a difference between my Damskeene round cover razor and my post 1919 GEM round cover plated razor...

My post 1919; as I said before is the most aggressive razor I own....to the point of being harsh(although this could just be an anomaly for this perticular example)...

My Damaskeene feels more like a bladeless razor than any razor I've ever used...The difference is it shave closer and smoother than any mild razor I have ever used. It shaves damn near as efficient as my OCMM. It just doesn't give me that 'feeling razor edge' on my face feedback, which my Star and ER 1912's do...On one hand I like that feedback, but on the other....Today I used my Dammy because of this conversation, just to compare...It's pretty doggone cool to drag a low-impact blade-less feeling razor around your face and getting a solid BBS with absolutely NO irritation...;^D

I change my previous statement.....I have to say, the 1912 style razor could very well be the Greatest Razor Design of All-Time and the Damaskeene is my favorite of the 1912 style razors for those exact reasons listed above...and also it is pretty cool to be dragging a 100 year old razor around your face and getting such a great shave while doing it!!

Check out the different 1912s yourself and see if you concur....!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    GDCarrington likes this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

What happened to the Aston Martin of razors the I1? Has it fallen?

BJV likes this.
  4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Don't think so, people are just off on another tangent right now I believe. Injectors rule, the rest drool. Just kidding, but I sure do like injectors.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have to give Lloyd a bit of ribbing since he has changed his choice so dramatically! ;)

6. Bird Lives

No change...
    First: I said, "the 1912 COULD be the greastest ....." Key word being 'could'...Politicians have been using this loop-hole for years...ha,ha....But the point is, that many people believe this and many people whose opinions I respect very much keep posting this. And the razor design is good enough that it Could very well be fact. And it definitely is one of the Greatest!
    Second: I defend anyone who says the Damaskeene is the best of the 1912 breed...As I do tend to bend that way myself from time to time...
    Third:If I had to pick a "1912" to shave with every day for the rest of my shaving days.....then this comparison of 1912s would be worth the plethora of 0's and 1's that it took to enter it on-line....ha,ha...

But if I had to pick "one razor" and only one...Well the 1955 Eversharp-Schick Hydro-magic is and has always been my Highlander (There can be only one) Razor....and this is for many reasons, on many levels....The Aston Martin Razor still rules in my shave cave....although I dearly love the Damaskeene I also love the ER1924 and 1914's ...
    I would never say the 1924 is the greatest design because its soo aggressive and a little high maintanence for some, but I've been completely smitten with mine....Soooo..Its probably numero dos for me....If I had to choose...also the ER1914 is very close to it's ER stablemate....

I love and appreciate the ribbing my friend...Its nice to know somebody out there actually reads some of what I say...ha,ha...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  7. BJV

BJV Active Member

Are all blades labeled as "Schick" Injectors necessarily made in China today?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I think the current production are. I have not seen anything to the contrary in recent years.

9. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I picked up a Gem G-Bar SE recently. I haven't used it yet, or even cleaned it up. I've had no luck at all with SEs in the past. What should I expect with this one?

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Greetings Gents-

My father just texted this pic. He located this, it was the razor I remember him using when I was very young. He is giving it to me!

I can clearly see Schick. Anybody know more?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Attached Files:

maltedmilk, Bird Lives and youngunn like this.
  11. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

That is the Revereware handled one. If I am remembering right, it's an L type. Its a good one. I have been looking for one for a while with no luck.
    I am intensely jealous! Not only did you 'find' one, but you got one with a pretty good history. Awesome.

Roderick and GDCarrington like this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Buy it, then resell it on eBay.

Boojum1 likes this.
  13. Bird Lives

Great Score My Man! You should love that on many levels....First:There is nothing hipper under the Sun; shaving-wise; than having your Pop's Razor....Second: and a very hip razor at that....that Paul Revere....Revereware Metal handle....Nice weight, long grip...Like an "L" head but with the added weight maybe a tad more aggressive...But its a Schick so its very user friendly.

Can't wait for your 'Maiden Voyage' stroke by stroke report...!

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. Bird Lives

I like both I-types...I only have the I2 now, but its the same great looks and same great shave.....

GDCarrington likes this.
  15. Bird Lives

Buy it, keep 2 and give them as stocking stuffers to the coolest people you know....after you send me one for the idea......};^)
    I really think these guys are great...I love mine....but I still would love to have the Deluxe Gold Tip version....Too Cool For School

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Back to a normal posting on 22 November.

[​IMG]

The Personna Floating Head Injector is the mildest injector I have ever used. It is even milder than the Gillette Injector. I did not get a good shave at all with it. I have used it in the past with several different blades including the Personna 74* and nothing seems to make it shave any closer. Back into the collection only group for this one.

The Omega Pro 49 is setting up well after its first shave. It will be a while before it fully breaks in and holds the lather better but still the wait is worth it.

Soap Commander is a very mild smelling Old Spice like scent. It was not strong enough in my opinion because the natural scent of the soap ingredients could still be smelt clearly. Since I am breaking in a new brush, I will hold off on any opinions of this soap in terms of performance for now.

Cheers!

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Sorry about that!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks Gary, I really wanted that razor. The seller wasn't very nice, If I would have sent it back, I would have lost money. She knew it was trash. Live & Learn..

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for 24 November
    The Omega Pro 49 is coming into fine fashion and worked up a solid lather with the Vintage Williams. The Type F Schick Injector is one of the most aggressive of the injectors made by Schick. It produced a highly efficient 2 Pass BBS again. Another A/S testing and this time it is Master Checkered Flag. It is nice citrusy fragrance but is not a long lasting fragrance in terms of strength so if you want something to last longer seek another product. All in all a very nice shave.

[​IMG]

20. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

This whole shaving thing is very addicting. I just got started, and now have pulled the trigger on a I1 shick. Not an heirloom, but probably a daily shaver.[​IMG]oom, but

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.