Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Now to find the NOS 48 Damaskeene Box Sets...Whew, that is mouth watering, isn't it? I'd have to award many of them to my favorite people....Somethings are just too special to keep to oneself....}8^))

jakie55 and GDCarrington like this.
  2. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

I'm planning to use it for the entire month of March. A very worthwhile razor to devote a month to, especially after a month of the I injector!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that others are having the same results with the stainless SE razor blades... I've been using the same stainless GEM Personna now for about 3 weeks.

4. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

While I'm in the SE thread, I'll randomly try to post a picture of one of my older model GEM DAMASKEENE long-handled SE razors... hope the pic comes through
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have no idea why my pics aren't coming through... if anyone knows, please let me know... thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    Bama Samurai likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have looked at the code and there is no .jpg designator. You need to get to this screen and select COPY LOCATION then past them in using the button beside the smiley.

Untitled.jpg

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. jakie55

Maybe it's that our whiskers just decide to fall off, due to the majestic nature of our razors!:happy097: I ended up with 28 great shaves, one okay shave, and one excellent shave, for the 30th shave. To me, they are great blades!

Bama Samurai and cpool222 like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Injector Focused February

image.jpg

Dad's Schick Revere Handle Injector
    Chinese Schick
    L'occitane Plisson Synthetic
    Proraso Eucalyptus Tub

Yesterday was absolutely the easiest and most intuitve shave I have yet experienced. I can already tell that Dad's injector is a great shaver. Wide sweet spot on the angle and lots of gap/exposure make quick work of one day growth. the skinfeel after the shave was awesome, the alum block was quiet.

I can really tell that injector blades are thicker and stiffer than DE blades. Not kidding, I loved this setup! I am so happy I chose this after last month...

Happy Wednesday!

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I just received a Schick Injector Type I1. At least that is what I think it is. Looking forward to trying it out after I finish the February Focus

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. Bird Lives

It appears your's and my DadS weren't just shaving with Schick razors "because they were there"...ha,ha....It looks like both our Pops knew a thing or two about how to enjoy a shave....:happy088:

And you know....I'm really starting to dig this Aqua Velva Musk more than ever....A generous palm of Coachman Original + 4 or 5 big drops AV Musk and splash....is my wife's favorite AS Cocktail...needless to say, that gets it alot of play around my house....};^)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  10. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Did you mean using that AS cocktail gets you a lot of play around the house?:angelic007:

Bird Lives, jakie55 and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

12. jakie55

The GEM and Schicks look great. I have never used the Techmatic, but was under the impression that it was not a great razor, especially as you have the others that are.

Lexicon Devil likes this.
  13. Bird Lives

I've heard both sides....I hear some say they had heard the Techmatic wasn't great....But I have heard from someone I respect, that he was surprised how much he liked the TechMatic after he tried it....
    So it will be interesting to hear your observations...You have our attention....
    I've heard so many nice things about that model GEM that I'd like to cop one myself....And of course the Schick J and L types are legendary....;^)

We need pics and reviews....Thanks

14. Lexicon Devil

;)
    I shall endeavor to satisfy. ;)

Bird Lives likes this.
  15. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

I have recently used both the Techmatic and the Schick Band, and I was very impressed with the shave. Between the two, I felt the Schick edge was superior, but the Gillette was no slouch. The band type is my new go-to razor when I am pressed for time. I can get a great, quick shave, and I honestly think that it is impossible to hurt yourself with one. So rushing, while not advisable, is possible... I heartily recommend checking it out.
    And keep in mind that the Schick can use both it's own edges, and the Gillette's. But the Techmatic cannot use the Schick cartridges.

16. Lexicon Devil

Nice, thanks. I'll have to check it out.

17. jakie55

I remember using some sort of band razor, back in the dark ages, when I was but a teen. I knew nothing about wet shaving, and butchered my face. My results must be purely no technique, but the residue against the band razor still remain..... I'll get counselling to fix that.:sad029:

dscaver likes this.
  18. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I was having trouble getting to sleep last night so I looked through eBay just for something to do. Found this at a pretty good price and couldn't resist. I won't have it until late this week but should be shaving with it by the weekend :)
    [​IMG]

19. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Nice! It looks like brand new.

Bird Lives likes this.
  20. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

We'll see when it gets here but it does look like it might have little or no use on it. The auction only had this one pic and not much of a description but I figured it was worth a small gamble. :)

Bird Lives and clint64 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.