Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Certainly is! These guys are notoriously Great Shavers....Waiting patiently for....Photos and Review....;^))

GDCarrington and HoosierTrooper like this.
  2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

My Golden 500 made it yesterday but I just got time to take a couple quick pics this morning. Looks nice. It has a blade in it so it's been used a little but the gold finish is still there so it hasn't been used much. It came with a blade dispenser that held 15 blades. It looks like it still has 3 or 4 left in it. This is one razor I've been keeping an eye out for so at the price I paid, I'm very happy with it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123, tedh75, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Outstanding, simply outstanding.

feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Looks great!

feeltheburn likes this.
  5. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

NICE PURCHASE!

feeltheburn likes this.
  6. Bird Lives

What a Beauty.....And who says a razor can't be sexy....Maybe this kitten shouldn't be shown til after a certain hour....I mean this is a family forum.....Whew!.....Is it just me, or is it getting HOT in here.....lol!

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looks fantastic. Very nice purchase.

feeltheburn likes this.
  8. tedh75

tedh75 New Member

9. Bird Lives

The idea and design of the Schick Repeater is so far ahead of it's time...No one has caught up to it yet!
    Like it could be Buck Roger's "Go To" razor...My Dad was about the Hippest Guy I've ever met...in every way....and he was a devout Schick shaver....He was using a Schick-Eversharp Hydro-magic the first time I ever watched him shave;when I was like 4...I was so enamered with that razor he had to hide it from me, ha,ha....He soon got me a toy razor and taught me how to make lather and we would shave together...You know the drill, ha,ha....And over the years we spoke about shaving quite often...And he was always quick to point out Schick's superiority...One day, while still a kid I asked him what was the Coolest razor he had ever seen, and he told me about the Schick Repeaters. I didn't see one til many years later, but I had imagined what it must have been like from the way my Pop discribed it....He pretty much nailed it...definitely "Too Cool For School".... Col Schick was the Man!.....LOL....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

For you lot in the know, how hard is it to find one of these Schick's from the 70's?
    [​IMG]

zec668, GDCarrington and Jayaruh like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I picked up these 2 injectors off the bay. The hydro-magic appears to be unused. It still has the plastic blade insert in place. I'm not exactly sure of what the exact models these are. Maybe someone can help me out.

[​IMG]

12. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Nice finds. The Hydro-magic 500 was the top of the line model at the time. And it looks like you found an I-type with the chrome head which I think is somewhat rare. Both great shavers!

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks for the info. The I-type is gold also. Just a bad picture on my part. I'm looking forward to trying these out.

feeltheburn likes this.
  14. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

I've ended up with these 6 SE razors. If anyone has age/date info on them I'd appreciate it. Here is what I know about them:

1. Bakelite handle that says "GEM RAZORS" inside the head. A "G" on both sides of the handle.
    2. Ever-Ready Pat App'd For
    3. Outside: GEM Pat'd 1912; inside: GEM Brooklyn NY Made in USA
    4 and 5: Both GEM Juniors
    6. GEM Micromatic TTO

I can provide more photos if needed.

TIA

20150227_222502.jpg

Roderick, dscaver, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    March is going to be GEM/Ever-Ready month for me. I'm doing a razor a week (approximately) until I show a little loving to all of them.

March 1-7 GEM 1912
    March 8-15 Ever-Ready 1924
    March 16-23 GEM MMBT
    March 24- Ever-Ready March 24/14
    March 25-31 GEM G-bar

Lead-off batter will be the GEM 1912.
    gem 1912.jpg

GEM march 02.jpg

GEM march 05.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Herm2502, jakie55, Roderick and 4 others like this.
  16. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dscaver, Roderick and clint64 like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have a new application for my new brass punch handle.
    punch_handle28.jpg punch_handle27.jpg

dscaver, Roderick, jakie55 and 3 others like this.
  18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have one of those in black. Nice mild light weight shaver. Don't see them very often. I got mine from Russia.

19. TCBENNETT55

TCBENNETT55 Active Member

The problem with the tech was the ribbon blade was more expensive than a regular pack of injector blades.

20. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Yeah, very hard to find. If I want to get a new ribbon, I have to buy another tech.:angry019:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.