Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I will be finishing off my injector month with my Schick L1. I was going to start with it tomorrow, Sunday, but I recently acquired a Gillette President, and I have decided to make it my Sunday driver. So, Monday I will take up my Schick L1. I am looking forward to that shave.
    sod150525.JPG

Cap7597 likes this.
  2. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

+1 :)

Art. A fetching photo!

JR Reyes likes this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Using this setup for today's shave.

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, JR Reyes and Cap7597 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

First time using the GEM MMBT. It seemed to be very mild and not quite as efficient as the GEM FW I used for yesterday's shave. Overall I very nice razor but I think I prefer the 1912 and the FW.

Jayaruh, JR Reyes and Cap7597 like this.
  5. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

Good to know. I really like the FW, and nave not yet tried the BT. That will be my next days off, off the monthly focus, shave.

Jayaruh and Cap7597 like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I look forward to your thoughts on the BT.

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

For today's shave I'll use the 1912 that I received as a PIF from @JR Reyes. Between the Mongoose, Injectors and GEM razors my DE razors are feeling neglected.

[​IMG]

Bristle Me, JR Reyes, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Don't feel bad for the DE's.....These fantastic SE's have been neglected since before WWII and the Injectors were dropped cold when the inferior cartridge razors made the scene....3/4ths of the World still uses DE's....I don't know how SE's lost the Razor Wars....But not in our Alternate Reality.....Bravo! If a DE deserves your attention, like a choice Senator or New Improved, it will get it, don't worry.....lol

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    JR Reyes, Cap7597, maltedmilk and 3 others like this.
  9. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

5/28/15 - GEM Micromatic!!!

Not the best shave. It was either the razor or the blade, but it was jumpy and wouldn't cut. Had to pull out the Type G Injector to finish the job.
    [​IMG]

10. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

5/29/15 - Knockout Friday!!!

Believe yesterday's shave was the blade not being a good one. Tried it in the GEM for the first pass and wouldn't cut nothing. Threw in a new blade and the problem was fixed.
    [​IMG]

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod150530.JPG
    I finished up my injector month today with my L-1 Schick. I know that tomorrow is technically the last day of the month, but it is also Sunday, and I now have a new Sunday shaver, the Gillette President. Monday starts SuperSpeed month for me with the Gillette Black Tip.

Cap7597 and JR Reyes like this.
  12. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

I have had two shaves with the Micromatic Bullet Tip. I can't give a fair representation after two shaves, especially as the first shave was a very hurried affair, with a nick, although the closeness was good, and the face feel was fine. The second shave was much better, and less hurried. All in all, a good shave. I am not sure if I like the MMBT better than the FW, but both razors are mild, good razors. I believe that with both these razors, one has a much better chance at getting the blade angle correct, as the razor almost automatically goes to the right angle, based on the head geometry, compared to the older GEM SE razors.

Cap7597, Jayaruh and clint64 like this.
  13. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

Test shave this morning after making a new shaving soap with additions of Avacado, Castor, Coconut and Glycerine. 2 days growth. Again the Omega 20102 did a great job of face lathering. The soap loaded really easily and built a great lather with enough for in excess of 3 passes. The SE razor in my rotation today was a Micromatic Clog Pruf with a GEM SS on shave #4. Two passes WTG and ATG and no weepers, nicks or cuts. I am happy to call BBS today.
    I will see how the face feels in a couple of hours but at this stage no irritation in any way so I'm hoping the soap is kind to my skin. Next in the line up tomorrow is the 1912 provided by @maltedmilk .

Steve

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I love the MMBT. It is one of my favorite SE razors. It is also my birth era razor. c. 1947

jakie55 likes this.
  15. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

My wife came home with something for me to try. She happened to stop by a flea market and, I guess I'm gonna try an injector. I believe this is an Eversharp-Schick Model J. Very short and light. It says "Hydro-Magic" on the injector. Does this use standard injector blades that you can buy today.?

V__8122.jpg

Cap7597, jakie55 and maltedmilk like this.
  16. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Yep. Uses good ol' Schick or Personna injector baldes. The J1 is probably my favorite injector. I say "probably" because I haven't tried the PAL and I haven't put my Schick adjustable through all its paces. I just prefer the round handle to the square.

Man that's a good score. You got a good woman, there! Five bucks was a bargain, too!. Good on yer!

Cap7597, jakie55 and Herm2502 like this.
  17. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks for the info. Yep, she's a good one, I think I'll keep her!

Cap7597 and Bird Lives like this.
  18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Good idea.....Looks like 'Dinner Out' for her, is in order......My money, says you're gonna love this one....!!!

Cap7597 and Herm2502 like this.
  19. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

Razor: 1933-34 GEM Micromatic (NRA Box)
    Blade: CVS Single Edge
    Brush: Rubberset 200-3
    Soap: Sterling Margaritas in the Arctic
    Aftershave: Vintage Skin Bracer[​IMG]

Cap7597, jakie55 and clint64 like this.
  20. gms541

gms541 Member

I haven't used my R89 in a few months since I got a Schick Adjustable Injector. Set to #5 with blades from Ted Pella and Mike's Natural Soap and I'm good for 12 hrs. I also have a G Bar, but it's too mild. I might keep it for it's Star Trek looks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.