Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Great write up Sir....:chores016:

Billy

Rufus T. likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

This right here will always be my favorite on many levels......Yep, it is magic! And it gets my vote for prettiest....If Aston Martin made a razor I've always said....

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    clint64, Darkbulb and GDCarrington like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Yo DB....heres my "Hydrozilla"...used it for todays shave....Here the pic...and a copy of the shave review.
    image.jpg
    First shave of SEptember had to go to my 'Highlander' razor. You know...."If there could be only one.."
    The I2 was the first razor I ever saw my Pop shave with when I was like 4. It captured my infatuation. Whats not for a 4 year old to flip over. Shiney Gold, cool looking handle, a lever that drops it's jaws, and you can stick that injector in there and rack through a whole supply of blades in seconds. In fact I did it once, causing my Pop to have to hide it from me...He must have loved that, ha,ha. but he never acted like it bothered him. And he saved it for me, when I started shaving around 10 years later...

This is one that StingraysRock piffed me after he heard this story...Whenever I use it I think of my Pop...Thats a priceless treasure that comes with this hobby. A razor or soap or after shave can be a time machine that instantly whisks us back to another time and also lets us bond with our Pops and Grand Dads or whoever....Priceless!

Todays shave was not only nostalgic...But this I2 is about as fine a shaver as one could wish for...My Pop did have great tastes....First I lathered up some Bay Rum soap "Cash" laid on me...Then I used a cake of Williams Mug Soap as a shave stick, and rubbed it straight onto my face, loading my whiskers...Hit it with this Bay Rum laden Omega Boar and the Uber-lather flat exploded!

The Hydro-magic loaded with a d3 EMS/Personna made light work of my whiskers. This is a mild shaver, but very efficient. 3 passes and touch-up left me BBS and my skin felt as though a blade had never touched my face...:happy108:

A splash of witch hazel, a splash of Clubman, a small bit of Aqua Velva Musk rubbed between my hands and then on my face......I felt like a million dollars....My wife rubbed my face and gave her highest rating...I'll take it!! She is a very tough shave grader...

This was a very good start to SEptember.....Great Shaves Everyone!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Roderick, Rufus T., clint64 and 4 others like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks, great write-up - it also made me even more excited about trying mine out when it gets here :)

Rufus T. and clint64 like this.
  7. Bird Lives

You know, I've made no secret of my admiration for Col. Schick's genius...and luckily, Eversharp was the right company to take over after WWII...The G types were still almost exactly like the E's. Maybe a tad milder but the design had not been changed from the 1st generations of injectors. Eversharp managed to maintain the integrity of the good Col.'s progeny.

Then in '53 the G8 had that Art Deco handle. The razor had not been changed except the handle was improved, and most I talk with agree that it was an improvement. Then in 1955 with their first Hydro-magic, Eversharp made a substancial change, the first since the E type. I say Eversharp has never really been given the credit they deserve. They maintained the integrity of Col Schick's design, and any changes At this time, were revolutionary improvements. Imagine a lever that dropped the jaws for cleaning but still held the blade in place, amazing... Even when in later years they came up with campy handles to attract attention...They were good handles...The Grip, tennis racquet design met with much skepticism, but does make for a great grip, and is a great shaving razor.

So yes, I applaud Col Schicks genius, and I also applaud Eversharp for taking a better mousetrap and continuing to make it just as good and even improving on it...Bravo! I've never met a model Schick or Schick-Eversharp I didn't dig.
    And if I could only have one, it would be the first Hydo-magic, for many reasons on many levels, not the least of these is that it's a wonderful shaver, capable of delivering the finest shaves possible , in the right hands....}8^))

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    wmbjr, Rufus T., clint64 and 4 others like this.
  8. Billyfergie

Well said Sir.....Couldn't agree more....The later Hydro is a fantastic shaver....One of my favourites at the moment ...It has surprized me time and time again with NOS Schick Plats....:chores016:

Billy

9. Billyfergie

Feather SS Club....;)
    [​IMG]
    One Passer with the Feather SS and bit of farfing about round the mouth area and a got a lovely shave....Don't feel the need to go BBS with this thing as the face is smooth and refreshed with one pass...I am getting the hang of it and things are getting quicker with it....I wouldn't have believed that the SS would be a quick out the door shaver....I am back to the Feather Pro blades as I find them far sharper than the Pro Supers....:p
    These are not the Ivory Tower, but Hell, they are so much fun to use....:chores016:

Billy

Rufus T., clint64 and Karl G like this.
  10. Bird Lives

Today, I got back with my older love....my ER1914...
    I truely love this razor.....My I2 will always be my Highlander Razor for many reasons....But this Little Lather Catcher might be my favorite shaver...
    image.jpg image.jpg
    It never fails to amaze me how my best shavers are like pre WWII or WWI in this case.
    Why hasn't mankind improved on razor technology in the last 100 years....lol!

11. Billyfergie

Got to concur on the 1914 Sir....They are amazing....I use a Half Gem Spine as a Shimming method to replicate the angle of the original stropping blade....;)

Check this out Sir....:cool:

The Fergiebilly Shim.... :p
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAAahUKEwido73RvN3HAhXES9sKHRNtAyA&url=http://theoriginalsafetytoo.com/thread/1825/gem-junior-bar-blade-query&usg=AFQjCNEDaXHpfqUc3iuxtGDULhmE4ZYxGA

Billy.....:chores016:

12. Bird Lives

Very Interesting........The Fergiebilly Shim.....I dig it....That could also be the name of the dance we do after we get those great shaves these SE's give us....The Fergiebilly ShimShag.....}8^))....of course In the U.S. Shagging is a dance....The differences between US English and English English can get one into much trouble....lol.

Rufus T., clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
  13. Billyfergie

Yeah...Its like the Yanker word for trousers = pants.....If you said that over here in Scotland ...."Hi boys like my new pants"...You would probably get Fisted in mouth and the boot flung in just for fun....It would be like saying....."Hi boys like my new panties" over here..;)
    Not good for ones health Sir....:chores016:
    Billy

14. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Question for users of Schick Magazine Repeating Razor

I am now the owner of a Type C open comb!!!:happy036:
    and have a question about blades. I understand they take modern blades that need to be loaded.

However, my question is about the brand of blades that current owners prefer. I have many Schick (Chinese) and some Personna. But I see many NOS Blade Clips for this razor.

Anyone familiar with the NOS blades?
    Are they worth it?
    Do you have a favorite blade for this razor?
    Can modern blades work in the magazine loader?

Thanks in advance Gents!
    RT
    :)

Karl G, Dzia Dzia and clint64 like this.
  15. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Here's the website I ran across about chick razors try this link
    http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Rufus T. likes this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

17. Billyfergie

Yeah I have NOS blades with my repeater ....They will give you a rough ride....They are junk to be honest unless you want them for collectors reasons....:cool:
    Stick with current blades Sir and or later NOS Schick blades....:chores016:

Billy

Rufus T. likes this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks Billy!
    Will my Chinese Schicks fit the loading magazine?

Billyfergie likes this.
  19. Billyfergie

Well Sir...I load mine by hand although my magazine feeds fine with the original blades....The current blades are thinner than the original ones and the current ones can jam up because there is a risk of them double feeding....This can jam up your razor and it not easy to free it off sometimes.....Its one of those practice's that you can get away with for a while until it goes badly wrong.... .:cool:
    I don't take the chance Sir....:chores016:

Billy

Rufus T. likes this.
  20. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

To be forewarned, is to be forearmed!
    I will be loading mine manually.
    Thank you sir!

Billyfergie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.