Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I definitely ordered twin blades, but got standard instead. The seller doesn't understand English, but they were cheap for injector blades anyway.

Billyfergie likes this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    SEptember was fun. I enjoyed using my SE razors. Now, on to the OC razors. Unfortunately, I have have only one, my MMOC, but I will be using my DE OCs this month. Happy shaves everyone.

Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

image.jpg Last few days I've shaved with my Schick G8, and GEM Open Comb Micromatic....and today I returned to my early E2....All of the razors listed are great...and anyone would be lucky to wake upto any of them... But I am amazed at how easy the E2 can get that 2 pass BBS...It shaves like a straight but with the manners of an injector....I have to say, that the Schick E type is a marvel in it's pure simplicity but ultra effective whisker removing demeanor....

Rufus T., Herm2502, Roderick and 4 others like this.
  4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Sure is Sir..:kar:

Billy..:chores016:

Rufus T. and Karl G like this.
  5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

You're speaking my language! :happy036:

6. Billyfergie

French Louis open comb SE...:)
    [​IMG] 03/10/15
    Three Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
    Louis French Hoe SE
    Gem Stainless (Modified) Se Blade x 2
    Semogue Boar Brush
    Alphy & Becs Natural Shaving Soap (added Argan oil)
    Organic Aloe Vera Gel
    LOGONA Man Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

I achieved a most perfect BBS result with with this lovely French Louis Hoe Open Comb....I would honestly equate this French Hoe to a Schick F Type Injector...This razor is quite aggressive, but ever so smooth and forgiving....I have three French Hoes and they shave as efficiently as any Schick injector for sure....I utilize a full Gem spine & a Half Gem spine behind the blade to replicate the intended shaving angle of the original wedge blade....I can only say get one of these as you wont regret it...Aggressive but ever so smooth and forgiving.... ;)
    French Hoes are the Dogs Danglies....:chores016:

Billy

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    It's a million dollar razor. I am glad you like it so much.

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You're right, thats my only $1,000,000 razor....I also like the $1,000,000 bill too...Thanks you're a genuine philanthrophist....but since it was a gift I haven't tried to spend it yet....:D...I just revel in having received a Million....:mail:

Dzia Dzia, Rufus T. and Jayaruh like this.
  9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I did a retest of a later version of the E2 today.

I wanted to see if it shaved as well as the early type E2 that is my hands-down favorite. This time I remembered the PSO so it was a fair comparison. And, to make it even fairer, I shaved one half of my face with one and the other side with the other. Well, I can't say there was a clear winner. On the first pass I would have given it to the early type. It just glided easier on my face and left less stubble. On the second pass I wasn't so sure, the early type now had more stubble left behind. On the third pass I changed sides and everything pretty much evened up. I think there is a slight bit more audible feedback from the later variety but the early type seems to be just a bit smoother. The judges are calling it a draw which means the champ gets to retain his title. Long live the E2! :happy036:

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Do you have pictures of those bad boys?

clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
  11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Here they are. The early type has the Made in USA stamped in small letters at the top of the "horseshoe" and the later variety has the concentric "circles" on the top. Underneath the early type has the off-center notched spring that allows a counter-clockwise rotation and opening of the head. The later variety has a centered notch on the spring and is held in place with a tab in the notched opening.

Early and Late E2s.JPG

:happy036:

Karl

Herm2502, Rufus T., Hodge and 2 others like this.
  12. Billyfergie

There was a Used Cased Schick Type D Injector just went on Flea - Bay tonight for $ 240.00...Mega Bucks....:rah:
    Billy...:chores016:

Rufus T. likes this.
  13. Billyfergie

GEM Open Comb Micromatic ...:p
    [​IMG]
    Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
    Gem OCMM
    Gem Stainless Blade x 2
    Semogue Boar Brush
    Wars Classic Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
    Organic Aloe Vera Gel
    Dominican Bay Rum Aftershave Splash

Pulled out the OCMM today for the first time in over a year....The OCMM gets it awesome reputation because its not an easy razor to use...Its actually a very well behaved SE with a very Light Touch and the correct shaving angle of Almost Flat Against the Face...In terms of aggression I would say its sort of the Middle of the road which is contrary to popular opinion...That said the OCMM can turn into a Brutal Ugly Monster and tear you face to pieces without the correct technique ...I would suggest that if one can Master a Feather Like Touch with the OCMM then there will be no problem with any other razor....I enjoyed my shave today with the OCMM and ended up with a really smooth result with a BBS in most places....Two passes and a minor touch up cant be bad....Skin feels smooth and refreshed...:)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    Rufus T., clint64 and feeltheburn like this.
  14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I am a new owner of a Type B repeater.
    [​IMG]

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That looks fantastic. Congrats.

Rufus T., Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  16. Billyfergie

Thats absolutely Beautiful Sir....Stunning....:bounce017:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Darkbulb, Karl G and clint64 like this.
  17. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Jolly good, and with a case as well.

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I was actually in that one...until it went over $30. :happy102: What was I thinking!

Karl G, Billyfergie and clint64 like this.
  19. Billyfergie

Well...You know Flea - Bay doesn't figure sometimes Sir...My Schick Type D was sitting with over 30 watchers on a Buy it Now for £33.00 & £6.00 postage...What was going through my mind when I was pressing the button was....What are you lot thinking !...:happy108:

Rufus T. likes this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I was out at about $60....and I thought that was on the high end..

Rufus T., clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.