Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

That seems to be the sort of going rate for the D Type....Sure went for the high end price though..;)
    Billy...:chores016:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Rufus T. likes this.
  2. Billyfergie

French PRIMA Open Comb SE...:p
    [​IMG] 07/10/15
    Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
    French PRIMA SE
    Gem Stainless Modified Blade x 2
    Semogue Boar Brush
    Erasmic Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
    Organic Aloe Vera Gel
    Logona Mann Aftershave Balm

I am using a cut down Gem stainless blade in the French Prima...This razor is very aggressive and take 100 % focus...I haven't used it enough to get familiar with it...This is the second time I have used it and it whacks down the whiskers with ease....I settled for a nice smooth DFS result....The PRIMA is a high class razor...This thing has a real high quality Nickel Plating and is quite a heavy weight...The handle turns and pushes at the bottom to release the top cap very much like a ball point pen.....These were not meant for the Ruffians & the Vagabonds that's for sure....Classy & Rare French Job at their Best....;)

Billy..:chores016:

Rufus T., Dzia Dzia, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Always stayed away from the Prima because of proprietary blades...and now you of course just had to show me that it's possible to use modded blades ;)

Rufus T., Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Billyfergie

The propriety has two holes to locate in two raised nubs in the base....I just opted to cut a the Gem blade to sit in front of the nubs....It clamps down nicely..;)
    Billy..:chores016:

Rufus T., Karl G and clint64 like this.
  5. Billyfergie

Repeater Shaving Angle...;)
    [​IMG]
    There is quite a few folks using these Schick Repeaters or recently acquired them...I just thought I would post up the Schick Instruction's for using them...The shaving angle feels strange at first....The Repeaters were designed to shave akin to a straight razor... These instructions are spot on...:p
    Billy....:chores016:

Bird Lives, Darkbulb, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks for that Karl, as I am still trying to analyze how / where my Canadian E2 fits in...?

Short answer: I'm going to have to get some US E2s to find out!
    :eatdrink047:

clint64, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  7. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

as one of this who recently acquired and starting using a Repeater - thanks for this info Billy! I'm going to hang onto this when i take on the Repeater in ernest in a few days.
    :eatdrink047:

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    For OCtober, I am using my four open comb razors and since it is my birth month, I am using my three birth year razors. So, I am doing one pass with an OC and one with a birth year razor. This first week, I have been using my GEM Bullet Tip, introduced in 1947. This is tomorrow's shave.
    sod151008.JPG

Rufus T., clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks Billy. Having purchased two recently, I'm curious to learn everything I can about them.

Bird Lives, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Welcome Sir...I use the B Type...They are surprisingly nice shavers given the time that they were made...The shaving angle felt strange at first because as in the instructions the handle is almost sticking out square...Not quite but almost with a ever so slight drop...Its different to later injectors....Shaves pretty much at the steep angle of a traditional straight ..I have got my A Type and I haven't used it yet...Swithering to break my Open Comb Month...Mmmmm...:D
    Billy...:chores016:

Bird Lives, Rufus T. and clint64 like this.
  11. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I have 3 schick injectors a B type, C type and G type. I'm testing them to decide which one I'm going to trade away and I'm leaning towards the C type. my face enjoys the OC on the B better so far.

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Congratulations!.....Atta Boy! Schicks Rule....
    And what a lovely one you have there, my friend...a razor fit for a King, and modern enough for Buck Rodgers...}8^))

Darkbulb, Billyfergie and Rufus T. like this.
  13. DDuckyMark

Found someone exciting today. My girlfriend's pharmacy stocks schick injector blades for $6.50 a 7 pack.

Bird Lives, Roderick and Billyfergie like this.
  14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks. Ive bought a second one since then. Its a silver Type B in a leather case.

Rufus T., Billyfergie and clint64 like this.
  15. Bird Lives

Always great when you can find those in the Wild....I love to support my local 'Brick & Mortar' stores...

Billyfergie likes this.
  16. DDuckyMark

I love this place anyway. They stock so many things that you just can't find anywhere else. I was wondering around while we were waiting for her insulin to be filled and happened to see them hanging on a peg in the shaving section. I bought the one that was there. hopefully they restock.

Hodge, Billyfergie and Bird Lives like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Tell em...If they know you'll be a regular...I just found out my Walgreens will order them...I can order them, but my Walgreens gets them in in like 3 days and theres no shipping, plus it still kind of feels like I'm buying them in a local store....ha,ha .

Billyfergie likes this.
  18. DDuckyMark

I asked and they told me a lot of older guys ask for the injector blades and the wilkinson DE so they try to keep them stocked but they have a hard time because they sell so well. Might be part of the reason I can't find any gear locally in the wild. Its all still being used.

Hodge and Bird Lives like this.
  19. Bird Lives

Great! I love this....I had already figured this out and even commented on it, but it's so cool to see that that 90% angle of the handle to the face was what Schick was after...It's also interesting that Schick says "This isn't a 'Hoe' razor" and years later their injectors became the most famous 'Hoe' type razors ever....

Thank's man, this is a collectors item in it's self....This definitely is too cool for school...:happy088:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Rufus T., Hodge and Billyfergie like this.
  20. Bird Lives

:signs011: I hear you Ru....
    Actually; as I'm sure everyone knows by now; I'm quite smitten with my C3 Repeater....I'm thinking of doing a 30 day focus....It's not that I need to work on anything with it...It great, and very intuitive...But I couldn't ask for a more fun shaver to do a 30 day focus with...ha,ha...and hey, if I'm digging it this much and I'm really new to this type of razor...Then maybe as I learn it's idiosyncrasies, my shaving pleasure may move to a new level....:signs021:

Rufus T., Hodge and Billyfergie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.