Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

My new type N came in yesterday and I gave it a run today. Very nice feel and balance, with a new chick blade the shave was a solid DFS after 2 passes. I'm impressed! image.jpeg

Hodge, Karl G, Rufus T. and 3 others like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Man you are on an injector buying frenzy this past few weeks. All you need now is that wonderful type H. Then you have them all

3. Redfisher

I got a message from the seller today showing a chip on the bottom corner of the case wondering what I wanted to do. I messaged her saying that I wondered how the bidding would have went if it was shown in the listing but that since it was a rare piece to send it anyway and thanked her for letting me know. She came back later with a $25 refund!

Hodge, Karl G, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
  4. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

_IGP6465.JPG

Had a very nice shave with these vintage Personna blades, which may or may not be the famous 74s in a different package. Regardless, these are certainly a notch above the current production blades in my opinion. Very keen and yet very smooth. I have a feeling they will last me a good long while. Anyone have both these and the 74 injectors to compare for comment?

Rufus T., Hodge, Redfisher and 3 others like this.
  5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

The NOS Personna ones you have there are Platinum Chromium blades ...The Personna 74 s are Tungsten and are Crazy Sharp...I have used both...The NOS blades you have there are more than a Notch above current production blades...I like them as well...If you want a Personna 74 shaving experience then the Cut Down Feather Pro Blade will afford you that at a fraction of the price...The Feather Pro doesn't last any near as long as the 74 s but they are just as sharp & no bones about it...;)

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Rufus T., Hodge, twhite and 2 others like this.
  6. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Thanks Billy! Maybe I'll come across some 74s for a reasonable price sometime. Honestly, a Chick gives me quite a few shaves as it is and is plenty comfortable. Shaving with this Personna was a treat for sure!

twhite, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  7. Redfisher

The type H looks like it might be a good paint scraper or something I know it's an awesome shaver but..no not here. And yes I'm really liking injector razors after shaving all month with nothing but.

Rufus T., Karl G, twhite and 2 others like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

[​IMG]
    Razor on left American E2 razor on right Canadian E2 Check the gap difference. Yikes:)

Had my first shave tonight with my new Canadian E2. I was quite excited to give it a go. 2 Days ago I used my PAL inject-matic. I had a good base line to go by. They were both loaded with Chicks.
    So I did my regular routine of showering and face prep. Made a nice lather and proceeded to start my first pass WTG. It seemed to be pretty smooth no tugging and I was getting some audible feed back. Not as much as I would suspect. Finished my first pass and wet my hands and checked for removal. To my utter dismay there was pretty poor removal. The first thing I did was to check and see if the blade was in correctly. It was and seemed in good shape. Ok I think to myself maybe I did not have enough angle.

I lathered up for the second go XTG. This time I gave it a bit more angle and went at it. Still no tugging seemed smooth enough. Wet my hands and checked the second pass. This time it felt like I would have expected the first pass to feel like. Ok needed a bit more angle on the blade.

Third pass ATG again felt smooth no tugging Was able to go totally ATG on the upper lip. Just like all of my injectors. Good news. Wet my hands and felt my face for the third time. The reduction was there. Like it was the second pass.

I believe my first pass I did not have enough angle on my blade and was just riding over the majority of my whiskers. I nice thing to learn. After I cleaned my razor i rinsed my face off and felt it again. Not very happy with my 3 pass shave. more like a 2 pass. I had to do another pass to get it all to a DFS. I grabbed my PAL for my 4th pass ATG. Never have done 4 passes before so I was a bit nervous as to how angry my face was going to be with me My PAL cleaned everything up in a snap. I rinsed off one final time and decided to go with the VIBR as that gives me the most feed back on how my shave went. Burns like JELLO if it went bad. To my surprise it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

To sum it all up. I need to find the right angle on this razor to get some good passes. I am going to get some Feathers and cut them down to try when I need to replace the blade. Is I will be shaving only with my injectors this month I hope to have it dialed in by the end of the month.

I must say that my PAL for me will be a hard razor to beat.

Tom

9. Redfisher

I'm going to say my type E is very aggressive. I have the Navy one in the blue box and it is the one that drew blood after using the G I don't think I was really expecting anything different but it had an edge to it.

Rufus T., Karl G, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes my first E is aggressive. I might have been overly cautious. I will try it again tomorrow on only 1 days growth. See if I can improve my technique.

Rufus T., Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  11. Billyfergie

Yeah...The USA Made one with the smaller blade gap is the one that's actually more Aggressive cause its got a smaller Gap on the Horizontal Plane thus offering more blade exposure...The Canadian one is the slightly milder one that you said in another thread doesn't open...Still an Aggressive injector though..The cutting angle on the E 2 s in general is far more subtle than later Schick Injector's...;)
    Billy...:chores016:

Rufus T., Karl G and twhite like this.
  12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Billy thanks again for the input. I need to work on fine tuning that angle. This is the fun stuff, learning the finer points of each razor.

13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Fun stuff for us too Tom....This is great stuff ! I plan on doing a shave off between my early USA E2 ;which is probably the most aggressive razor I own, and my incoming British PAL Injectomatic as soon as she gets here....

I can't wait....Billy has informed me that this incoming PAL will blow my Schicks out the window....
    Hey.....I hope he's right! I love my Schicks, but I'm totally open minded about getting a better shave...:happy108:

Right now I'd have to say...That the Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Cather is my favorite SE...and I'm not even interested in seeing it blown away....If something could equal it...that would be fine...But it's perfect, period....and my ER 1924 is it's runner-up...

Now for Injectors......I'm going to reserve judgement til this PAL makes the scene.....

14. Bird Lives

Man, Karl.....This review really is outstanding! I really feel as though I have shaved with this razor......You are doing a fine job...The pics are excellent and you cover every aspect and answered ever question....You might be up for the Pulitzer Prize in Safety Razor Reviews with this one.....:happy096: and Whoot Sir!

PS....ohhh Karl, my only question is did you have a hard time shaving as far as your ankles without there being a handle :shocked003: ?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Rufus T., Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  15. Bird Lives

:eek: ............:happy097::happy102: You killin me ovah hee yah......I'm crying...:angry017:

Rufus T., Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Nah, not really, I usually choke up on my razor handles anyhow... :happy102: but it does make it difficult to hang in my shaving stand. :D

...Seriously though, I did mean to mention in the review that the square design and the ribs make for an easy grip. :happy088:

Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  17. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Hey..What's this with.you Guys from the Den buyin up all the Gals Schick H Types...:rah:

Billy...:chores016:

Rufus T., clint64 and Karl G like this.
  18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Have a G8 on its way to me.
    [​IMG]

19. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Look what I stumbled into this morning. Seller is claiming this type D is near mint and by the pics Im thinking the same :happy036: for $100 i think I scored
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

It had been nearly a month since I used my Kampfe Star on it's maiden voyage. It's a real beauty and I enjoyed it the first time out. Today's shave? Hmmm, some razor burn on the neck and the alum told me (screamed actually) that I need to work on my technique a bit. Probably too much pressure. :scared001:

T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Savile Row 3824
    AOS Lavender Cream
    1902 Kampfe Star
    GEM SS PTFE (2) with one and a half shims
    Osma Alum Block
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

Kampfe Star Backside.JPG

Rufus T., Billyfergie and Hodge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.