Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It is size of pictures loaded the

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I don't know man. I couldn't live with myself having two of these beauties. I had to PIF one just so I could sleep at night.....:happy068:

3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

PIF or trade fore something else. I also got a G1 at the same time. The wife is ready to kill me. If she does please contact her promptly for my razors. Otherwise she may throw them away.

Billyfergie, Karl G and Hodge like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

[​IMG]

Finished my second shave with my Canadian E2 (late model) I lathered up with AOS sandalwood cream. I used my new Boar WD mounted to my 3D brush. I really like the Boar nice backbone.
    Anyhow lathered up and did pass 1 WTG. Today I concentrated on finding that right angle. this pass ended with even reduction. I could tell not as good as my US E2. But it was an even reduction.

Lathered for pass 2 XTG this time I decided to do something i have not really tried before. I applied some pressure. Very little mind you just a touch.
    I instantly noticed more audible feedback. finished up pass 2. More reduction but not on the scale of the US E2.

Went for pass 3 ATG. Again I went with light pressure and still had the nice feed back. I rinsed off and felt around. It was a nice passable shave. I could have stopped there. My face felt fine so I decided to do a 4th pass ATG. I used the same technique as previous pass. I rinsed off when I finished and had a DSF no touchup needed.

What I am gathering after 2 shaves with this razor. It feels almost impossible to cut yourself. It requires some pressure to start getting a good pass with nice feedback. It san definitely benefit from a sharper blade. I will have my Daughter go to her hair store. She is a stylist, so she can get good prices on gear. I will have her pick up some Feather Pro blades. Then I will give those a spin.

These Schick E's are very nice to hold and are smooth shavers. I just need to find the blade that works best for me.

As always these are only my observations. YMMV

Tom

5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Nice shave report. I find myself putting just a light touch of pressure on some of my injectors as well - just as you described - a small amount - and also find it makes a big difference. Looking forward to hearing how the Feathers work out. :cool:

Billyfergie, Bird Lives and twhite like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Calling Billy Calling Billy

I have a question about the Feather Artists Club blades. What model do you prefer. I see that the different models have what appears to be varying lengths of exposure. Can you shed some light on this for me. I will be purchasing some next week to try on my Canadian E2

Thanks
    Tom

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Here Is the list of available blades.
    [​IMG]

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Looks like you're right! I sure hope you did score!....Looks like our Denizens may corner the market on these....They sure didn't make very many....I'd love to see folks who can appreciate and use these, save them from storage or unused in collection cabinets...

Rufus T., Hodge, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bird Lives

:shocked003:
    I almost fell out my chair....I thought you were going to say, "I'm waiting for the mint estate find......actually I'm trying to decide which one to get first....the 'D' which I found or an 'H'....
    Whew!

10. Bird Lives

:happy088: And I'm so glad I could help Hodge get a good night sleep....It was my pleasure....:happy108:

Hodge, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  11. Bird Lives

Me too, but never my E2 (US)....But I remember hearing that some of the Canadian E2s were a bit milder than the Early US ones that open easily.....I know mine is probably the most aggressive razor I have....I have to keep it separate from my other razors....I'm afraid it might attack them when the lights are out....Even my OCMicromatic avoids blade contact when that E2 is in the same room...:eek:

But....I must add in all fairness....as aggressive as my E2's personality is....She also has a smooth thing going on aswell.....She's a tad more aggressive than my G8 but also a tad smoother at the sametime....

She's in training now for the match-up with my incoming PAL Injecto-matic......She's on a steady diet of Ground Glass.....Ground Glass and and Gun Powder....:D

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Rufus T., Hodge, twhite and 2 others like this.
  12. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Second ones down on this listing...The "Feather Professional Blades"...Sometimes referred to as Feather Artist Club Professional Blades PB - 20 ....The Code or reference No is...PB - 20...You cant go wrong with that number ....They are in a Black Dispenser...Here is the thing...Don't get the wrong ones as some of these Don't fit because they have a different blade exposures...In other words some are not as wide as Standard Injector blades & some are Wider...That doesn't matter in the Straights they were designed for and or the Mongoose because they don't have blade stops..:p

These Blades are the sharpest blades available today and they even match any NOS Injector blade ever made in terms of sharpness...I find them to be quite forgiving with an ever so light touch...But they do require a very light touch until they loose their initial sharpness...They will put a New Meaning into your Injector Shaving that's for sure and a New Meaning into a BBS Result...Not for the Faint hearted though...:happy102:

Billy..:chores016:

13. Billyfergie

I am so looking forward to your Shaving Report after you get your Paws on the PAL Injectomatic...The Clash of the Titans...:git:

Billy...:chores016:

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

11/30/2015
    Razor – Schick Type G
    Blade – Chinese Schick (2)
    Brush – Rudy Vey with Shavemac Finest
    Lather – Barrister & Mann Sevile
    Post - Witch Hazel and Myrsol F/Extra

[​IMG]

Rufus T., Billyfergie, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Im betting on the Pal.;)

16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Went back to my G3 today as it had been months since I shaved with it. I put in a new Personna blade as my last shave wasn't the greatest. What a difference a different blade and some months of technique refining make. Grade A shave all the way around. :happy088:

T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Savile Row 3824
    AOS Lavender Cream
    Schick G3
    Personna (1)
    Osma Alum Block
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

G3 resting.jpg

17. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Nice looking razor. I don't have one of those......yet:D

Bird Lives and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I have a spare if you want to work out a trade.. ;)

Then again, with your luck, I'm expecting a post any day now retelling the story how you found a boxed G3 laying on the side of the road while going for a walk. :rofl:

19. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I just gotta tell you guys. I had maybe the best shave of my life this morning with my Golden 500, Personna blade, and Proraso red. It was really that good. No kidding. My face feels like a million bucks. A little closer that usual and no irritation at all. Just had to share.

Hodge, clint64, Rufus T. and 3 others like this.
  20. Billyfergie

Hail the PAL Injectomatic...:smiley respect:

Billy..:chores016:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.