Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I'm not quite sure about this....:think002:
    but did he just call Billy cheap and then ask how cheap he is?

:)

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You are right. Scottish ninja time again

3. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

May 4, 2016
    It’s Hydro-Magic May!
    I’ll spend the month with my three Schick Eversharp razors that sport the Hydro-Magic shaving/cleansing head - Types I2, J3, K1

Hot Shower
    Razor: 1958-1964 Schick Eversharp Type J3 "Golden 500"
    Blade: Schick (China) (2)
    Soap: Route 66 - Sea & Citrus
    Brush: Ever-Ready 1CS Badger
    TSD Witch Hazel
    AS: Myrsol Limon

05-03-16.JPG

Great shave yesterday left me with a one-pass today!

One-pass shave - ATG
    Same smooth comfortable shave as yesterday.

BBS Chasers - With a close one-pass shave I get jonesing for a BBS. So I use a tip I saw about a month ago and I think on this thread…(damned that I can’t remember the shavers’ name. sorry.)

Once finished with passes, do a cold water final rinse and splash with witch hazel and even aftershave if you wish. Your touch-up and BBS chase will be more efficient and productive. Difficulties caused by haphazard whisker direction on my neck and tough spots on jawline are much easier to buff away with this method.

Cheers!
    RT

4. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

I would never call a man in a kilt cheap. It's called a kilt because that's what happened to anyone that made a Scotsman mad , they got kilt. The only way I'll face the Scottish ninja is if I got my 10 gauge with me.
    :bang:
    Ken P

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Karl G, Spyder, Redfisher and 4 others like this.
  5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

The 10 Gauge Proof Scottish Ninjas are a Comin to the USA..:kar:

Billy..:chores016:

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Karl G and 4 others like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Tonights shave

Razor: ER 1914
    Blade: Star Super Edge
    Strop: ER Automatic Stropper and home made strop
    Soap: MWF
    AS: VIBR
    [​IMG]

Had to Break out the 1914 tonight. I just received the ER Automatic Stropper. Over the weekend I found a couple of packs of the Star Super Edge blades. The blades were in nice shape so I gave it 10 laps with my strop loaded with some Red honing paste and another 10 on my un pasted strop.

Lathered up some MWF not too good today. I had the disappearing foam the first pass. Fixed it on the last passes loaded more soap and face lathered. Anyhow on to the shave.

First pass WTG the blade felt nice and smooth. Very loud feedback on this blade. It just sings to you when the angle is right. Had a decent reduction.could have been better I think If my lather was slicker.

Second pass loaded more soap and face lathered it. Better slickness but not great. I went XTG this time and got much better reduction. no tugging at all. The blade felt nice and smooth.

Last pass ATG finally got the lather I wanted. I may need to let the MWF rest for 5 minutes or so if I bowl lather and mix more. I can get it to lather way better Face lathering. Anyhow third pass was also very smooth, again no tugging. Finished with a very nice DFS no touchups.
    My aluminum Block had little to no sting. I think this old Star blade is a keeper.

Now to see how long I can get this blade to perform like this. I will be on the lookout for old blades now.:)

Tom

7. Billyfergie

Funny..You mention the MWF there as I got a Sample Today from a Friend & I wasn't Impressed by it..The way you described it there was Spot on for Me..Its Bummed Out for Me any roads as it Burned my Face somethin Terrible..I am still Burning..:angry032:

I Mean Darn Sore..:sad024:

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I see you use the Haslinger a lot. I love the Sandalwood, love how it lathers. I need to get what you use as it is tallow based. I believe the Sandalwood is not. I am lucky i do not get irritation from any soap I have tried. My 2 favorites by far are Haslinger and Tabac. They both lather great and super slick. MWF is hit and miss with me.

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  9. Billyfergie

All these Soaps here are Tallow..I know they Do Sandalwood Tallow..This Guy does a good deal for a Couple or more Pucks with Postage & Discount..:)
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/6-17-100g-Haslinger-Rasierseife-Honig-/231259354456

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  10. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I just bought another 1914 set for $18 mostly because it had 6 wrapped nos blades! I'm going to need to get with the program as far as tuning the blades up. So far I've just done some stropping on a piece of leather.

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, Roderick and 4 others like this.
  11. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I got the ER stropper from ebay UK $12 bucks plus shipping. I have been looking for a few months and found it.

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  12. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

Passing these on to 2 friends I converted to wetshaving with a DE.

I have a feeling there will be 2 more injector converts
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

What THE? DE oh well we will miss you. Keep one. You will return

14. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

Sorry for my poor grammar. I got them to convert from cartridges to double edge. Now I am giving them an injector each to try.

I still have 5 injectors/repeaters of my own which I am keeping.

My shave tomorrow will be with my B1

15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

whew that was a close call.:D

16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Hell, I knew what you meant:). Very nice gesture BTW :)

17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD May 5, 2016

Prep: Warm shower
    Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick G1 Injector
    Brush: Artisan-made badger with hand-turned maple handle
    Lather: VDH Luxury
    WTG, touch-up

Pretty smooth shave today in two quick passes. Yesterday's shave left some stubble spots. The lather was a little thin as well. I went with a different brush and loaded more dry to start with then added a few drops of water at a time. Then when face lathering I needed to dip the tips of the brush in the sink three or four times. Ended up with a much better lather than yesterday.

I had one tiny pin-point weeper on my chin. An area I will continue to work on is right under the nose. Those hairs are a little difficult for me to get cleanly with the G1. I'll keep working at it and will have it down by the end of this month.

Have a great day!

SOTD 5-5-16.JPG

18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

May 5, 2016
    It’s Hydro-Magic May!
    I’ll spend the month with my three Schick Eversharp razors that sport the Hydro-Magic shaving/cleansing head - Types I2, J3, K1

Hot Shower
    Razor: 1962-1968 Type K Lady Eversharp Beauty Razor
    Blade: Schick (China) (1)
    Soap: Route 66 - Sea & Citrus
    Brush: Ever-Ready 1CS Badger
    TSD Witch Hazel
    AS: Myrsol Limon

05-05-16.JPG

One-pass shave - ATG
    Seems as smooth and efficient as the I2 and J3. Longer handle required an adjustment, (must help when I do my legs!) :happy068: :shocked003:
    Same smooth shave as the other H-M razors this week.

Cheers!
    RT

19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

It is? I had no idea. MAY-be I'm just out of the loop in these matters.

AGHisBBS, Spyder, Billyfergie and 4 others like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I know. I don't even have one. I missed the memo.

How am I going to explain this to my wife? I NEED another razor

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Herm2502 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.