Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]

2. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

That's what they look like. OK thanks @Billyfergie I'll order and get them coming also need to order blades for my injectors. Thanks
    Ken P

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

[​IMG]

SOTD Fri. 5/27/16
    Prep: Noxzema Classic [​IMG][​IMG]
    PSO: DG Vitamin E [​IMG][​IMG]
    SS: Tabac Shave Stick [​IMG][​IMG]
    SB: Semogue 620 Boar [​IMG][​IMG]
    Razor: Schick E2 [​IMG][​IMG]
    Blade: Schick
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Pine Tar [​IMG][​IMG]
    Cologne: Bogart by Jacques Bogart [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good morning guys. Such a wonderful shave this morning with the E2, very easy and maneuverable. Easy to use my non-dominant hand with this one too. Riding the E train! [​IMG] Very slick, cushiony lather from the Tabac shave stick and lovely scent. Dolphin smooth after three passes. What a way to start the day. Have a great weekend friends. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Roby, that's another fantastic photo! I like the lighting. The Semogue clear handle adds even more to that shot.

5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD May 27, 2016

Cold water 3.gif

Prep: Warm shower
    Blade: Chinese Schick (8)
    Razor: Schick G1 Injector
    Brush: Artisan badger with hand-turned maple handle
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Post: Witch hazel splash enhanced with Fine Platinum, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, XTG

Fat Friday! I'm trying not to bore you guys, but another shave with the G1 and another great result. I had great lather from Mitchell's Wool Fat and the terrific artisan badger brush. The Chick blade still feels great on shave number 8. I'll probably go to 10 shaves before changing it out. I have some Pella blades to try soon as well!

I mixed a little Fine Platinum in with my witch hazel and finished off with Nivea sensitive balm. A great shave to kick start a long weekend.

Have a great Friday!

SOTD 5-27-16.JPG

6. old-school shaver

I can't find anything like them yet but I'm still looking
    Ken P

7. Robyflexx

Thank you Jim, the Semogue 620 is my favorite brush performance wise but it doesn't hurt that it's purdy too. :)

8. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Search for Feather FHS-10 Single Edge Blades..:angelic007:

Billy..:chores016:

9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You guys are getting so artistic with these photos!

10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Schick Injector G1
    Blade: Schick (2)
    Brush: Mokume-Gane Carbon and Red Copper 3 Band
    Soap: RazoRock Don Donato
    A/S: RazoRock Don Donato

This soap base was formulated for extra glide and slickness to accommodate the demands of straight razor shaving. What makes this soap even more special is the scent, Absinthe and a hint of Cedar; warm herbal complexity and very masculine, this is sure to keep you happy and at peace during your sacred shaving time. I especially enjoy having an aftershave with the same scent as the soap.
    Excellent near, and I mean very near BBS tonight.
    27 05 16c.JPG

11. old-school shaver

@Billyfergie I seen this and I had to find this old post of yours and mine from earlier.

Ken P IMG_20160527_185813.jpg

12. Robyflexx

13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

SHAVE #1 WITH THE V3 BUNNY:

WP_20160526_20_18_13_Pro 1.jpg

Hodge, AGHisBBS, JR Reyes and 8 others like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Tonights shave
    [​IMG]
    Razor: ER 1912
    Blade:Star Super Blade (5)
    Cream: AoS Lavender
    Post Shave: Osma block
    AS: Old Spice
    Strop: ER

Tonights shave was another top notch performance with the old stropping blades. It is still smooth as silk. 3 pass shave ned with a DFS /BBS.

This blade performs in all my SE's. The only problem is finding good blades. I have bought about a dozen and only 4 maybe 5 are worth of cleaning and using.

Tom

15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

To our very own @Rufus T. ....(and to all....)

You made several mentions to "The Greatest Pif of All Time" .....and I feel an over-whelming need to respond....You are spot on....that unsolicited pif of that Personna Floating head does classify as one of those 'Greatest Pifs of all time' type moments....

I also wanted to mention several of those Greatest Pif type moments where I was on the receiving end of pifs that left me speechless, from, @stingraysrock , @Mustache , @Hodge , @feeltheburn , @GDCarrington , @HoosierTrooper , @Alan ....and several others who made incredible offers of generousity that I had to turn down, because I was covered and didn't want to be a hoarder.....I will not go into the details of their respective pifs as I haven't ask them for permission....So many of the cats around here are such "low profile" types with their acts of boundless generousity...

And lets not forget, when I was at the Seattle Shave Con, YOU (mister!) and I were hanging out...and I made a remark, something like, "Great day...I had kinda hoped to see one of my holy grails though, like a Schick Repeater" and BOOM! You whipped out a Schick Simplified Automatic C3, and said, 'Here....it's yours'.....Bam! That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor! I didn't doubt, I didn't demure...I grabbed it and said Thanks...Many times, actually more times than not, I turn down a pif or ask the piffer to give it to a friend or someone I know that needs it. But this time, I snatched it so fast, it looked like a Speilberg Special FX and I plan on keeping it for life....I wasn't kidding when I said it was a Holy Grail....

So talking about those...."Worlds Greatest Pif Moments".....That one Certainly stands in the higher echelons....and it was a very unselfish, low profile, very special pif moment, done in generousity and not for fame, fortune, or ego...

The point I'm trying to make is....there are lots of those "Worlds Greatest Pif" moments around here....Sometimes there are so many pifs flying around, you could lose an eye...But that doesn't diminish the beauty of the thoughtfullness of each and everyone of these acts....But it's a testament to the beauty of the kind of folks we have here....My hats off to you all....This is one beautifull place to hang and share....and some of the greatest pifs given here have been in the forms of pointers, help and encouragement also, and on a daily basis....I know I've seen @Rufus T. , say this exact same thing...

So Rufus...thanks for that "Worlds Greatest Pif" moment at the Seattle Shave Con....and thanks to all you thoughtful and generous cats, that make up a large segment of those we call our fellow denizens.....This SE & Injector Party Thread has more that it's share of those "World Greatest Pif " moments.....You Cats :git:....
    Cheers :eatdrink047:

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    AGHisBBS, JR Reyes, Rufus T. and 11 others like this.
  16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

BTW......Yesterday I got one of those life defining shaves....one of those "Greatest Shaves Ever" moments....
    This time it was from my Schick Simplified Automatic Repeater, that I mentioned above....I was thinking about the above sentiment, and it inspired me to use that razor and it really brought the Dolphin Home....

Arko, Vintage Stag Badger (Carrington refurb), EMS/Personna Stainless d1

First pass was ATG and XTG mixed, and damn near BBS....Second Pass ATG with Gillette Slides and ATG buffing here and there... I was left with a polished BBS of the highest order!

Post: Thayer's Original WH...followed with, Clubman Orig. AS/Classic Vanilla one two punch....
    Definantely one of those "Best Shaves Ever" type shaves....A Zin like...Satori...Made me a very Happy shaver :happy093:
    image.jpg
    Think I'll go for the exact same thing right now.....I'll let you know if succeed...

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Hodge, AGHisBBS, JR Reyes and 11 others like this.
  17. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

My greatest PIF moment was after I PIF'd an SE to @Bird Lives and he sent me a signed copy of one of his CD's. That CD is still in my car CD player BTW :). Great stuff and I definitely got the better end of that deal. :eatdrink047:

AGHisBBS, JR Reyes, Rufus T. and 6 others like this.
  18. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

And, realizing I haven't posted in the party in a while... I pulled out my Schick I2 last week and have been shaving with it. Since I got my Golden 500 all my injector shaves have been with it. Not because it's better than the I2. Just because it was on the shelf and ready to go. but when I shaved with the I2, it felt like an old friend. The shaves were even more close and comfortable than I've been getting with the Golden 500. The I2 is a masterpiece and I think it'll be the one on the shelf for a while.

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Schick Injector G1
    Blade: Schick (3)
    Brush: Mokume-Gane Carbon and Red Copper 3 Band
    Soap: Captain's Choice Bay Rum
    A/S: Captain's Choice Bay Rum
    28 05 16.JPG

AGHisBBS, JR Reyes, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD May 28, 2016

Cold water 3.gif

Prep: Warm shower
    Blade: GEM Stainless PTFE
    Razor: GEM MMOC
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: VDH Luxury
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Aqua Velva, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, XTG

Afternoon shave after working in the yard for several hours. Inaugural shave with the Gem Micromatic Open Comb I received yesterday. The turn to open mechanism is pretty neat on a single edge. It pushes the blade into place nicely. I may have had a little trouble with the angle due to a couple of nicks and a little irritation on my neck. The irritation should cool off and dissipate shortly. Otherwise everything was good. The razor was easy to use and enjoyable. I'll have to continue to refine the technique a little bit with this one. I'm really enjoying the injector and SE focus I've been doing this month!

After a witch hazel splash I applied Aqua Velva pretty liberally. It BURNED!! It finally cooled off with some nice menthol touches. My wife hasn't commented on it yet, which is a good thing. She'll tell me almost immediately if she doesn't like an after shave. Finished up with Nivea balm and slathered it pretty thick on my neck where it was red.

All in all a good, close shave. I'll continue working with the MMOC and try to avoid those nicks the next time. Have a great weekend!

SOTD 5-28-16.jpg

JR Reyes, Jim99, Billyfergie and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.