Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

SOTD Thu. 6/23/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Silky smooth three pass shaving routine this morning, easy slick, rich lather from the Tabac with it's lovely robust scent. Have a great day friends. :smile :):

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's
    [​IMG]

Karl G, Red Rider, Redfisher and 12 others like this.
  3. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

I have not documented every shave from the past week or so, but with the GEM Clog Pruf (and one bad Push Button shave), I got 8 shaves out of a single GEM stainless blade. I've never had that kind of life with any blade. I probably could have shaved a shave or 2 more from it but decided to toss it for good measure since my SE technique still needs work and shaving with bad technique and a dull blade does not sound fun

Karl G, Jim99, Billyfergie and 9 others like this.
  4. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Thursday Shave
    [​IMG]
    Brush- RazoRock Tri-Colored
    Razor- The Bunny with Wild comb and Schick Type G
    Blade- Schick (1)
    Soap- Stirling Barbershop
    Post Care- Crystal Alum
    Thayers Witch Hazel with grapefruit EO and M-Bomb
    Pinaud Bay Rum

I did a shave off between the Bunny and my Type G (I determined it was a G this morning, not an E like I thought). I used the Bunny in my right side and the Schick in the left. I loaded new blades in both, prepared some excellent lather with the Stirling and did three passes with each, WTG, XTG and ATG. This was my first go with the Schick and I started with it. Very light weight and easy to maneuver, also easy to find the right angle. The small head makes getting into small spots like my upper lip very easy. First pass gave good reduction. Next up was the Bunny. I prefer the weight of this razor to the Schick, it just feels better. A little tougher getting to the upper lip because of the head size but I got even better reduction from it. I relathered and went XTG with both. The Schick definitely feels different than the Bunny,I had to remind myself about the pressure because of the light weight. Great reduction again from both. Another round of lather for my ATG pass. I got a small weeper from the Bunny but that was the only issue from that side.
    Final results- a draw. I'm fully BBS on the right side from the Bunny and a very solid DFS on the left from the Schick. Had I not limited myself to just three passes I would have touched up for a BBS. The alum was completely silent on the Schick side, a slight burn on the Bunny side hence the draw. I'm glad to know I can get similar results from another razor since the Bunny leaves next Monday but I'm really going to miss it. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

Karl G, Red Rider, Redfisher and 9 others like this.
  5. whiteboy_cannon

Yay I'm next! I hope you took care of it for me

Karl G, Jim99, Billyfergie and 5 others like this.
  6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Great setup. Love your brush. How does it perform? Do you face lather with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl G, Redfisher, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

It is an excellent brush. Fits my hand perfectly and is very easy to load. Not mention it is also very easy to maneuver over my face. I usually bowl lather but I'm going to have to learn how to face lather soon.

Karl G, Redfisher, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD June 23, 2016

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Bunny V2
    Brush: Semogue 1520 boar
    Lather: Ginger's Garden Salty Mariner
    WTG, XTG (upper face only), WTG and touch-up on neck

Pretty good shave with the Bunny V2. I struggled again with the blade angle on my neck. This caused a little irritation again that calmed down with the Nivea balm. The Ginger's Garden lather was thick and rich - beautiful stuff.

My upper face is pretty smooth but I have some stubble in hard to reach areas. The larger head of the Bunny makes the small areas harder to clean up. But overall good shave.

Have a great day!

SOTD 6-23-16.JPG

Karl G, Red Rider, Redfisher and 10 others like this.
  10. Robyflexx

It's a life changing experience, you'll never go back! :angelic007:

11. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

[​IMG]
    Yes I did, its name is now George.

Karl G, Redfisher, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  12. whiteboy_cannon

Lol I can dig it

13. Robyflexx

SOTD Fri. 6/24/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good morning friends. Marvelous shave this morning with a twin blade in the N1, three easy breezy passes for a dolphin smooth and refreshing finish. Palmolive shave stick makes amazing face lather, I can't believe how good this stuff is. Thanks @Marverel! Have a great day guys. :happy069:

Karl G, Red Rider, Redfisher and 13 others like this.
  14. whiteboy_cannon

Used the Valet Auto Strop for the first time in a while. Had a surprisingly good shave given my lack of technique with it. It is definitely an efficient resort
    [​IMG]
    Remind me again which version of the valet is this?

Karl G, Red Rider, Redfisher and 9 others like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Fabulous picture! JR that is a beautiful set.

Karl G, AGHisBBS, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It looks like a VC1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. whiteboy_cannon

Thanks! I originally thought it to be a VC2 but couldn't remember what people on this thread said with I first got it. Time to search old posts to make sure

18. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Thanks Kerry. I'm really warming up to this brush.

19. Robyflexx

20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.