Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. Bird Lives

Looks alot like mine and that means BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Hope you dig it as much as I dig mine, you deserve it...a true fellow Schick-head! And now a soon to be Injecto-maniac !:happy108:

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD December 7, 2016

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick I1 injector
    Brush: Jayaruh #60 synthetic
    Lather: Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Stirling Ozark Mountain aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Excellent shave with the I1 and Stirling Ozark Mountain. These are no brainer, smooth, and efficient shaves. Great, slick lather and a terrific razor make all the difference.

Have a great day!

SOTD 12-7-16.JPG

4. Bird Lives

Simplicity at it's finest....Just close, great, smooth shaves, what a concept!

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Yes, it is.

6. PickledNorthern

Thank you, and good job on the Night Before X-Mas!

Merry Christmas!

Douglas Carey, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

December 7, 2016

Razor: M3 Schick Adjustable (4)
    Blade: Chick (3)
    Brush: VdH Boar
    Soap: Mineral Fusion/Dove Hydrating Cream
    A/S: Every Man Jack Face Lotion

Best shave so far this week with the Schick Adjustable, definite DFS+. Alum was pretty quiet but I pulled out the EMJ as I seemed to be a bit dry and had some irritation at the corners of my mouth (an area I always need to be mindful about).

The Adjustable seems to have a different feel about it from my DE razors and even from my Schick J1. I think I may be starting to understand it, though.

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It's a great shaver, music to the ears. I'm not sure if it's my favorite of the family. ... Some days the Damaskeene..

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Then again, maybe it's the Patent Pending (1919) "1924". Perhaps it was the fresh blade, or the single injector shim, or the magic oil in lieu of soap and brush, or maybe just a great razor ... Killer shave, close without excessive buffing on the crown like I usually only get with the Hawk/General. Actually superior to Damaskeene and 1914 shaves this week.

[​IMG]

10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Eversharp/Schick Hydro-Magic
    Personna Injector Blade
    Maggard Synthetic/My Handle Brush
    WSP Fougere Noir Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Barbasol Brisk After Shave

IMG_0909.jpg

11. PickledNorthern

Wednesday Night....

[​IMG]

-Alumigoose
    -Simpson Tulip 2 in Super
    -Henri et Victoria Cigars and Cognac
    -Stirling Curveball

Tonight was my last shave with the Alumigoose. If I want to buff around and play cleanup to get a good shave, that's what my newer injectors are for. I don't want to have to strap an eight pound maul handle to it and load it with a Feather Super to get there. It isn't even that it's too mild, it's that it is too bulky to be that mild. It is on the auction block.

The shave was good, the Cigars and Cognac soap smell fantastic, and made for some pretty slick lather too. It maybe gets a little slicker than I worked it up, but I didn't want to break it with too much water, and quit as soon as it started to get shiny.

Looking forward to my Supply getting here, if it actually ever makes it to the post office. Somehow I just know that's going to be my Grail razor, and the last one I ever buy.

12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Somehow I just know that's going to be my Grail razor, and the last one I ever buy. [​IMG]
    ...the definition of an optimist. :rofl:

13. PickledNorthern

No kidding, right?

14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 8th Dec
    Quite amazing how well a Vintage SE Razor performs, considering the blade design has not changed for decades. Had a really smooth comfortable and close shave with a "Streamline".

IMG_1050.jpg

15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thu. 12/8/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful shave with the PAL Injecto-Matic this morning. Magnificent lather from the Arko Extra Performance shave cream and a beautiful clean, crisp scent also. Three refreshing passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Have a great day guys. :)

16. Bird Lives

You read my mind....The shovelheaded beauties are my absolute favorite SE type...I think the ER 1924's designer, deMesquita was a genius, who hit on a perfect shaving design right from his first attempt! I have a prototype of his first patent application from 1909, it was first called "The 'New' Ever Ready" that same year August Schueber applied for a patent on his GEM Damaskeene. But the Shovelhead razor design was so far ahead of it's time, it didn't really go into mass production til a decade later.

Here's my 1909 New Ever Ready, it shaves like you would expect...very much like a 1924...}8^))
    image.jpg image.jpg

Hope you enjoy every minute of your Shovelhead....I don't think there is a better design...maybe some I like as much, but not better!

17. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

rdt0812 Kopie.jpg

- Stirling leftover soap mix
    - Thäter 26mm 2-band silvertip
    - The Single Edge
    - Personna/Ted Pella blade
    - Tüff sensitiv Rasierwasser

Yesterday I scraped some Stirling soap leftovers out of their containers, mixed them and put them into a new jar. It actually looks a bit like vomit now, but the scent - a mixture of Bay Rum, Tuscany, Vanilla Sandalwood and Glastonbury - is surprisingly pleasant. Performance is great anyway.

I replaced the aggressive Injector plate with the mild one today - much better. Same blade as last shave - zero irritation. But this shave was not quite as close as the last one, apparently I missed a few stubbles. So I guess I'll try the "normal" plate next time.

18. Bird Lives

Looking for the "Goldilocks Plate"....}8^))

19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD December 8, 2016

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick I1 injector
    Brush: Jayaruh boar
    Lather: Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Stirling Ozark Mountain aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Another nice shave with the I1 injector and Stirling Ozark Mountain. Not much more to say! Simple and effective. Hope you have a great day!

SOTD 12-8-16.JPG

20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

My newly arrived C1 proved a disappointment out of the box. A closer examination after a poor first pass showed there wasn't enough blade exposure and the Plus Platinum blade not being gripped tight enough. I guess this is not uncommon (a thick 1920s blade was in the razor when I got it). Aaaargh. Set it aside and finished the beard with the razors that came in the lot with the Schick, a beautiful 1906 Single Ring (Feather) and the head with the 1931-35 Goodwill (Permasharp). I tend to think of the Goodwills as Frankenrazors born of convenience but it did a surprisingly good job. The Single Ring and Feather left me BBS smooth as expected. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.