Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Lookin' good, Karl! Safe travels.

Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I find the General easier going than the Hawk, but I think it benefits from a very sharp blade like the Super. The Dorco blade performed adequately until it got to rough stuff, the Pro equipped Hawk had to be brought in for ninth inning relief to clean up the crown stubble which the General/Dorco struggled with.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Karl G, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

I tried one, but neglected the honing. Have two them gathering dust along with blades,which look in vgc.

Karl G, PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Friday, January 6, 2017

Love Your Shave TGN Finest
    Fine Platinum
    The OneBlade
    GEM SS PTFE #5
    Fine Platinum Aftershave
    Creed Adventus

[​IMG]

Karl G, jimjo1031, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fri. 1/6/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Thats my Honor.....There is the Sacred Order of the Ever Ready.....of which you are certainly a Knight....now!
    Once you've tasted those effortless BBS's there is no turning back! Between the ER: 1909, 1914, 1924....Ever Ready just keeps knocking them out of the park...Hit after hit...Just what has civilized man been doing for the last century to improve shaving razor technology anyway?

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Interesting Shave today with PAL S/S adjustable, on 10th outing on an NOS blade.I am one of the lucky ones who get on well with this Razor and the Injeco Matic.
    By investing in time and care, I achieved a Shave as smooth and close as any of those modern SE Razor,used thiS week.ie Claymore,Supply,and the General.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You're spot on Bird! The ER 1914 is shaving nirvana! It's a simple and beautiful design and probably is the best SE razor ever made!

Of course, I'm still on the prowl for an ER 1909.
    :shaver

9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 6th Jan
    Got Razors out of cramped bureau and hopefully store them in a more accessible manner.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hodge, Billyfergie, spidey9 and 13 others like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Holy razor party, Batman!

Billyfergie, Karl G, twhite and 2 others like this.
  11. PLAla

Wow! Beautiful collection!

Billyfergie, Karl G, twhite and 2 others like this.
  12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Lovely photo Rob!

Karl G, PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  13. PLAla

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD January 6, 2017

Blade
    : Kai Captain Mild
    Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Lather: Route 66 Twisted Tweed
    Post: Witch hazel splash enhanced with Fine American Blend, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, XTG

First use with the Black Hawk and Kai blades. Great first impression! The first pass didn't reduce the stubble as much as I'm used to with injectors. But no worries as I had plenty of time today (no work - snow day for the South!) and lathered up for a second pass. Went XTG and finished up with a nice, close shave. The feel of this razor reminded me some of the feel of a straight razor. My straight experience is quite limited (about six shaves) but it didn't feel like a Pushbutton or Featherweight and certainly not like an injector.

Overall nice shave and good first run with the Hawk. Terrific lather and performance from Route 66. Have a great day!

SOTD 1-6-17.JPG

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic collection.

15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Featherweight and Shake Sharp share beard and head shave duty. Nothing really to recommend the former over the latter, Shakes (no clowning) is both more comfortable and more efficient. Gem Stainless and stacked Chinese Schick respectively.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Nice Harem, you've got there, you SE Sultan....};^))

I'd say you've had almost all of the "must have" shaves....You need a Schick D, and an F type.....Hmmmm ....a 1909, and you need to send me that ER Ambassador.....Hmmm maybe an A repeater...then I'd say you have taken care of all shaving business and have no reason to exist...:shocked003:

JUST KIDDING !!!!!

Beautiful Collection....now stockpile a few thousand blades....get a gun collection to protect your razor collection:transport024: :happy097::happy102:
    Enjoy every stroke.....now let see some indepth reviews and shave offs....

Billyfergie, Karl G, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  17. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Got this little fella today. It is in great condition and delivered a fantastic shave.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My first Gem. My 2nd SE razor. The other is a Schick G1.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That Gem Damaskeene is a great razor! Based on the Gem Safety Razor imprint on the back, I think that dates it from 1916 to 1921. Pair it up with a Gem Personna SS blade and expect awesome shaves. Yes, it's that good!

19. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

That is exactly what I did. I think it will see a lot of action. I just love the look of it. It resonates with me. And you are right on the shave. Good stuff.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I have three different Gem Damaskeene razors in my rotation and look forward to using them every time.

Enjoy and be sure to post your results!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.